Blackened Gulf Fin Fish from Summer Road Trip2014 Down South Menu (Credit: Kingfisher)
For 22 years, Kingfisher Bar & Grill owners Chef Jeff Azersky and Chef Jim Murphy have been creating “Summer Road Trip” specials for those brave enough to endure the Tucson summer.
Along with Executive Chef Fred Harris and Sous Chef Richard de la Cruz, Azersky and Murphy aim to offer guests the opportunity to explore cuisines from regions throughout the US without leaving town.
The first round of Summer Road Trip 2015 begins Friday, May 22. Kingfisher is easing locals in with a “Southwest Tour”, utilizing the ingredients and flavors of Arizona, New Mexico, and Mexico.
“Southwest Tour” Summer Road Trip Menu
- Heirloom Three Bean Salad – appaloosa, anasazi and jacob’s cattle beans, sage vinaigrette, roasted pepitas, avocado, chayote squash, butter lettuce
- Spicy Pork Empanadas – asadero cheese, pickled onion, cucumber salad, chile crèma
- Seafood Albondigas Soup – Gulf seafood meatballs, shellfish tomato broth, rajas
- Pulled, Smoked Pork Tamale Pie – red mole, calabacitas
- Sauteéd Pumpkin Seed Crusted Tilapia – cilantro-lime butter, Texmati rice pilaf, calabacitas
- Grilled Achiote Rubbed Guaymas Shrimp “Chalupa” – charro beans, radish, pickled onion, shredded lettuce, cabbage slaw, avocado crème
- Grilled, Chile Marinated Venison Skewers – grilled corn and mushroom relish, red mole polenta, calabacitas
- Ibarra Chocolate Pound Cake – Kahlua caramel, whipped cream, pepitas dulce
- Apple Berry Cobbler – “Navajo flour biscuit,” and horchata ice cream
- The T-Word – Whiskey Del Bac “Dorado” Smoked Whiskey, Luxardo Maraschino liqueur, cardamom infused orange curacao, lemon juice, garnished with an orange twist and served up
- Zona-Tini – Arizona Distilling Company “Desert Dry Gin”, “Arizona Vermouth”, and jalapeno stuffed olives served up
For more information, visit kingfishertucson.com.