The Kingfisher Summer Road Trip is coming to a close with a mouth-watering southern menu that will stick to your ribs.
Chef Fred Harris is to blame for the indulgent Down South menu, and he did not take the responsibility lightly. Perhaps “deep South” would have been a more appropriate title, with slow-cooked classics like Fried Oyster Po Boy, Chicken & Andouille Gumbo, and Creole Shrimp & Grits with Voodoo Lager.
Keep in mind Chef Marianne Bane’s Coconut Buttermilk Pie and Brown Sugar Pound Cake with bourbon-glazed grilled peaches, which will certainly be worth saving room for.
[pro_ad_display_adzone id=”10118″ info_text=”ADVERTISEMENT” info_text_position=”above” font_color=”#757575″ font_size=”10″ padding=”13″]
Three unique cocktails round out the feast, each created by bartender Eric Smith. The Turkey Shoot, Pecan Dandy and caffeinated King Alfonse on Fire are each crafted to complement the rich dishes.
Down South Menu At Kingfisher
- Creole Barbecue Shrimp and Grits – Voodoo lager, garlic, butter, Worcestershire, scallions
- Chicken and Andouille Gumbo – Dark brown roux, Cajun mirepoix, okra, Texmati rice
- Fried Green Tomatoes – Pickled vegetables, roasted garlic aioli
- Roasted Pork Belly – Red Beans and Rice, mango salsa
- Blackened Catfish – Tabasco aioli, green tomato jam, Texmati rice, red beans, honeyed carrots
- Grilled Gulf Redfish – Roasted peach gastrique, sweet corn relish, hoppin john, grilled zucchini
- Fried Oyster Po Boy – Remoulade, lettuce, tomato, potato bun, fries, slaw
- Shrimp Jambalaya – Tasso ham, Andouille, sauce picante, Cajun mirepoix, Texmati rice, scallions
- Coconut Buttermilk Pie – Blackberry sauce, freshly whipped cream
- Brown Sugar Pound Cake – Bourbon glazed grilled peaches, vanilla ice cream
- Turkey Shoot – Wild Turkey, Wild Turkey rye, house smoked cola syrup, absinthe rinse, on the rocks
- Pecan Dandy – Appleton’s rum, dry vermouth, house praline liqueur, pecan bitters, served up, orange twist
- King Alfonse on Fire – Iced coffee, cayenne infused cream, dark crème de cacao, on the rocks
The Down South menu will be available August 20 through September 6.
For more information, visit kingfishertucson.com.