Ever wonder what goes on behind-the-scenes to create those mouth-watering brunch pictures, the unique menu design at your neighborhood bar, or the addicting food column in your favorite publication?
This Thursday, October 15, the American Institute of Graphic Artists Arizona Chapter (AIGA) and the Museum of Contemporary Art Tucson (MOCA) invite you to find out.
Join our very own Adam Lehrman, the official emcee, and a lineup of local photographers, writers, graphic designers, cultural anthropologists, marketers, and others as they reveal what goes into creating our local food scene from a visual and promotional standpoint.
Presenters at Tucson Makers: Food + Design
- Miranda Morrison – Director of Marketing, Merit Foods
- Maribel Alvarez, Ph.D. – Associate Professor at UA’s School of Anthropology, and Executive Program Director at the Southwest Folklife Alliance
- Ryan Trayte – Saywells Design Company
- Steve McMackin – Art Director, Edible Baja Arizona Magazine
- Steven Heckler – Steven Meckler Photography
- Richie Brevaire – Graphic Designer for Goodness and the HUB Ice Cream Factory
- And Berlin – Digital Food Reporter, Arizona Daily Star
[pro_ad_display_adzone id=”10118″ info_text=”ADVERTISEMENT” info_text_position=”above” font_color=”#757575″ font_size=”10″ padding=”14″]
All community members are welcome. The cost is $15 for members of AIGA, MOCA Tucson, and affiliated organizations, and $20 for non-members.
For more information, visit arizona.aiga.org.