What’s summer without great barbecue? Fortunately, we won’t have to worry about it with the uptick in not just barbecue restaurants, but events, too.
Piggybacking off the success of Hotel Congress’ recent Smokin’ Showdown and set to coincide with Second Saturdays, Maynards Market & Kitchen will host “Sear N’ Beer,” a barbecue and beer series featuring four local breweries.
The first date in the Sear N’ Beer series is Saturday, June 18 and features barbecue beef dishes and drinks from Four Peaks Brewing Company. The event takes place from 6 p.m to 8 p.m.
The remainder of Sear N’ Beer events are as follows:
- July 9 — Pork barbecue, featuring Mother Road Brewing Company
- August 13 — Chicken barbecue, featuring Iron John’s Brewing Company
- September 10 — Fish barbecue, featuring Sentinel Peak Brewing Company
For the June 18 event, the Maynards chefs will offer brisket and beef tongue with Tempe’s Four Peaks Brewing Company.
Sear N’ Beer Menu featuring Four Peaks:
- Mesquite-smoked beef brisket with Arizona chimichurri, caramelized red onion, jalapeño, garlic marinated skirt steak, charred peppers
- Mustard-glazed smoked beef tongue with prickly pear glaze
- Pepper and pineapple slaw
- Three bean salad and nopalitos
Vegetarian options are available upon request.
Tickets for the event are priced at $25, which include dinner and drinks.