The annual Sahuarita Pecan Festival is back for its eighth year. The festival will take place from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday, November 12.
Hosted by Farmers Investment Co., and the Green Valley Pecan Company, the Sahuarita Pecan Festival is a family friendly event featuring a pecan nut run and walk, a pecan pie contest, kids and heritage areas, arts and crafts, horse-drawn wagon rides, a silent auction, music and dancing, a pecan store, and food vendors.
Since 2009, the festival has raised over $35,000 for local charities, and over 15,000 people attend the event each year.
The following food and beverage vendors will be present at the event:
- Don Pedro’s Peruvian Bistro — Peruvian cuisine
- Bella’s Gelato Shoppe — 8 flavors of gelato, affogatos, root beer floats, espresso, coffee, and Sanpelligrino
- Eureka Old Fashioned Soda — Old fashioned soda
- Local Southwest — Extra virgin olive oils, cured olives, raw honey, and balsamic vinegar
- Mi Familia Sonoran Hot Dogs — Sonoran hot dogs
- BBQ 4 U — Traditional Santa Maria barbecue
- BurgerRito — 60 menu items and homemade sauces
- Green Heart Bakery — Packaged baked goods
- Hot Bamboo — Lemper, Bak Chang, Lo ma Gai, and BAO
- Lemons on the Loose — Fresh squeezed lemonade, limeade, strawberry lemonade, prickly pear lemonade, and pomegranate lemonade
- Not Jus Doggs — Hot dogs, sausages, nachos, coffee, lattes, and smoothies
- Tucson Kona Ice — Hawaiian shaved ice
- Quesadillas & More — Mexican food
- Optimist Club of Green Valley & Sahuarita — Burgers and sausages
- Papa Bings Bakeshop Bistro — Mini donuts, cinnamon rolls, muffins, cookies, cupcakes, nachos, churros, caramel apples, pretzels, Philly cheesesteaks, and meatball subs
- Dante’s Fire — Candied peppered pecans
- Desert Delights by Sweet Arizona — Packaged toffee and brittle
- Incredible Snacks — Nuts, seeds, and dried fruit
- Lasagna & More — All natural frozen “take-n-bake” lasagnas, bottled sauces, and spice mixes
- Mediterranean Delight — Hummus, veggie-stuffed grape leaves, pita bread, feta cheese, spinach pie, quinoa taboule, hatch chile empanadas, baklava, butter cookies, and organic spices
- Tortilleria Arevalo — Beef and green corn tamales, and carne asada burritos
- Treasure Trove AZ — Packaged dips, rubs, and dip chillers
- True Love Honey — Raw honey
- Untamed Confections — Natural honey caramels and organic chocolate confections
- We B’ Jamin — Organic jam, jelly, syrup, and sauces
And if you make a mean pecan pie, you might want to think about participating in the Pecan Pie Contest, which will be presented by Mama’s Hawaiian Barbecue this year.
Contestants are instructed to bring two pies to the festival from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. It costs $10 to participate, and the festival will provide you with one pound of pecan halves. Registration forms can be found at Mama’s Hawaiian Barbecue in Sahuarita or on the festival’s website.
Gift certificates and pecans will be awarded to first, second, and third place winners.
Parking for the event is $5 on site. Free shuttles from Walden Grove High School are also available.
For more information, visit sahuaritapecanfestival.com.