Breakfast/brunch cocktails at Welcome Diner (Credit: Jackie Tran)
Welcome Diner has expanded its cocktail menu in recognition of Tucson’s thirst for libations. In other words, Tucson, we like to drink.
The cocktail menu is now split into two sections, Classic Cocktails and Welcome Style.
Most of the classic cocktails are $7, while the Negroni and Boulevardier are $10 and the Widows Kiss is $12.
The Welcome Style cocktails feature original creations ranging from $7 to $12 except for the Del Bac Cocktail Flight ($22), which includes three mini-cocktails made with Welcome Diner’s own barrel of Whiskey Del Bac Classic cask-strength whiskey.
Tukson Studios also utilizes local spirits with Independent Distillery‘s aged gin, sweet vermouth, tepache liqueur, and bitters.
The Copita and Sangrita Verde include a ceramic copita of mezcal on top of a shot of sangrita verde, which provides a savory, spicy, salty, and sweet bite via tomatillo, cilantro, jalapeño, salt, and honey.
Del Bac Cocktail Flight at Welcome Diner (Credit: Jackie Tran)
Breakfast drinks are also getting some love with some boozy options as well.
Here if You Need Me is a screwdriver-meets-creamsicle with orange juice, vodka, whole egg, vanilla liqueur, and Angostura bitters.
Try The Aloof if you enjoy a Bloody Mary. Adobo sauce, mezcal, and lime juice make a simple cocktail with smoky, surprisingly complex flavor. A garnish of cotija cheese is a nice little salty snack.
People are Strange goes a little funky sweet with kefir, gin, lemon, sugar, crème de cassis, maraschino, and soda.
The French 75 takes a Tucson turn with the Sonoran Seventy Five, featuring prickly pear spirits from Three Wells Distilling Company, local honey, lemon, and sparkling wine.
Welcome Diner Cocktail Menu Addition Highlights
- Here if You Need Me – orange juice, vodka, whole egg, vanilla liqueur, Angostura
- The Aloof – adobo sauce, mezcal, lime, cotija
- People are Strange – gin, lemon, sugar, kefir, crème de cassis, maraschino, soda
- Copita and Sangrita Verde – copita of mezcal followed by a mix of tomatillo, cilantro, jalapeño, salt, and honey
- Health Drink – beet juice, vodka, lemon, ginger, apertif (upgrade to Aquavit +$2)
- Pine Overcoat – bacanora, Breckenridge bitter, blanc vermouth
- Del Bac Cocktail Flight – three mini cocktails featuring Welcome Diner’s own barrel of Whiskey Del Bac Classic cask-strength whiskey
- Welcome Hot Toddy – whiskey, rum, Free House fireball, lemon oil, hot water
- Tukson Studios – Independent Distillery’s aged gin, sweet vermouth, tepache liqueur, bitters
Tukson Studios cocktail at Welcome Diner (Credit: Jackie Tran)
Welcome Diner is at 902 E. Broadway Blvd. and can be reached at 520-622-5100. For more information, visit welcomediner.net