AKA Deli & Bakeshop is mighty proud of their house-made bagels — so much that they recently expanded their bagel program.
The bagel selection features a wide range of flavors, ranging from common standards such as blueberry, sesame seed, and onion to unorthodox flavors such as curry, dill seed, and sourdough. House-made cream cheese flavors include mixed berry, veggie, and bacon chive.
Below is a peek at some of the options, which include both breakfast and lunch options, as well as platters. Note that for breakfast, English muffin breakfast sandwiches are also available.
Oh, and be sure to arrive before 9 a.m. for the early bird special.
- #1 ($8.25) – Rosemary ham, cheddar, baby greens, dijonnaise
- #2 ($8.50) – Roast beef, brie, tomato, horseradish mayo
- #3 ($8.25) – Veggie cream cheese, baby greens, tomatoes, cucumber, red onion
- #4 Build your own ($8.50)
Choose two (+$1 for gravlax) – roast beef, ham, bacon, turkey breast, gravlax, Swiss, cheddar, brie, cream cheese
Choose up to three – tomato, baby greens, red onion, cucumber mayo, horseradish mayo, Dijon, dijonnaise, pesto
Additionally, AKA now offers bagel platters with Jewish deli-inspired items such as house gravlax and whitefish salad.
- Fish & Bagel Platter ($10) – cream cheese, hard egg, capers, onions, cucumbers, lemon, and choice of whitefish salad or gravlax,
- Chicken Salad & Bagel Platter ($9.75) – curried chicken salad, baby greens, tomatoes, onions, cucumbers
While AKA isn’t an outright Jewish deli, they do plan on adding Jewish deli type foods such as house-made schmears, house-made pastrami, and hummus platters onto the menu in the near future.
What’s more, breakfast sandwiches also get some bagel lovin’ alongside AKA’s English muffins.
- Veggie Bagel Sandwich ($5.50) – egg, Swiss, roasted mushrooms, caramelized onions, roasted red bell peppers
- Bacon Cheddar Bagel Sandwich ($5.75) – egg, thick sliced bacon, white cheddar
- Florentine English Muffin Sandwich ($5.25) – egg, wilted spinach, roasted tomato, Piave cheese
- English Muffin Sausage Sandwich ($5.25) – egg, chicken sausage and white cheddar
To sweeten the deal, AKA offers an early bird special from 8 – 9 a.m. Monday through Friday, which includes a breakfast sandwich and cup of Caffe Luce coffee for $6.75.
Guests can still expect the same selection of baked pastries such as cookies, scones, cinnamon rolls, cakes, and more. The refrigerator and shelf space has expanded, featuring rarer brands of goodies such as sodas, pastas, and other deli goodies.
AKA Deli & Bakeshop is located at 100 S. Avenida del Convento #126 and can be reached at (520) 369-2265. Operating hours are 8 a.m. – 3 p.m. Tuesday through Friday, 7 a.m. – 3 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. For more information, visit akatucson.com.
This is a paid feature. Click here to learn more about Tucson Foodie advertising options.