(Credit: Alyssa Smith)
[10/23/2017: This event has been canceled.]
Paper decorations, flowers, and candy skulls.
Celebrate for Good and Tea West Trade are throwing an El Dia de los Muertos Tea Party at El Presidio Museum from 7 – 10 p.m . on Saturday, October 28.
Known to most as the Day of the Dead, the holiday is to celebrate and remember those we’ve lost, while preparing special food to honor them.
On this day in Mexico, the streets near the cemeteries are filled with decorations and parades, and is believed that the spirit of the dead visit their families on October 31.
Individual tickets are $68 and $136 if you’d like a pair.
Only a few tickets are left, so grab your seats fast before they sell out.
Day of the Dead Tea Party Tickets Include:
- Tea Cocktails by La Cocina and Tea West Trade
- Food pairings by local chef Riley Chandler
- Candy Skull Face Art by Rosie Johnson
- Floral by Alexis Grace Florals
- Haunting Tablescapes and Decor by Celebrate for Good
- Live Music by Gian Vasquez
- Professional Photographer and photo booth to take photos of your Candy Skull Face Art
- Family shrine dedicated to honoring those you love
The party at El Presidio Museum is also a chance to donate and give back to a cause that supports the Mexican culture in Tucson.
El Presidio Museum is located at 196 N. Court Ave. For more information and to purchase your tickets, head over to celebrateforgood.com.