Your hunger is no match for Batch Cafe & Bar's first-ever whiskey dinner
Downtown’s Batch Cafe & Bar is hosting its first-ever whiskey-themed dinner from 6 – 8 p.m. on Monday, October 22.
Batch Cafe & Bar — a spot that normally focuses on small dishes, whiskey, and doughnuts — is leaving the five-course dinner to chef Jamie Sly as he crafts each course with some of their best whiskey.
The dinner will feature local ingredients from Avra Valley Growers, Cafe Francois Bakery, Southwest Bee Supply, Willcox Country Bacon Company, and San Rafael Valley Ranch.
Seats are $55 per person. Tickets are available at eventbrite.com.
Seating is limited, so get your ticket soon.
Five-Course Whiskey Dinner Menu
- The Healthy Drunk Salad – peppery butter lettuce and arugula salad with pickled beets, roasted cherry tomatoes, dried cherries, blueberries, strawberries, candied pecans, and honey whiskey dressing.
- Spiked Bacon Chicken Skewers – layers of chicken, pepper bacon and green bell pepper that has been marinated for 24 hours in a whiskey barbecue sauce.
- Whiskey-Jerked Shrimp and Grits – whiskey-marinated jerk seasoned shrimp on a bed of creamy smoked Gouda and honey grits.
- Overkill Whiskey Cheeseburger – steak burger, whiskey-caramelized onions, smoked gouda, pepper bacon, butter lettuce, micro greens, roasted tomato compote, whiskey barbecue sauce, a toasted sourdough roll with lemon aioli, and served with root vegetable chips.
- Whiskey-Soaked Bread Pudding and Root Beer Whiskey Float – drunken doughnut bread pudding made with Batch doughnuts, dried cherries, blueberries, strawberries, and a whiskey ice cream root beer float.
Batch Cafe & Bar is located at 118 E. Congress St. For more information on the event, visit Batch Cafe & Bar’s Facebook Event Page.