Now's your chance to reign supreme in the Old Pueblo.
Do you believe you’ve got what it takes to take on some of the best chefs in Tucson?
Can you perform under pressure, enter a culinary battle with a local chef using a secret ingredient, and wow the judges with unique flavor, presentation, and creativity?
If you answered yes to all, then the 13th Annual Iron Chef Tucson is for you. It will be held on Saturday, June 29 at Casino del Sol.
The application process to compete in the 2019 Iron Chef Tucson Competition against 2018 Iron Chef Tucson winner chef Brian Smith of Maynards Market and Kitchen is now open.
If you’re serious about competing this year, you should consider getting a move on because the deadline for the competition is Sunday, April 28.
Although, not just anyone can apply.
In order to be eligible, take a look at the following:
- Applicants must be the executive chef, head chef, or owner-chef
- Must be employed by a full-service restaurant located in Tucson or within 60 miles
- The chef’s restaurant must be open to the general public for lunch or dinner reservations
- The chef must develop or create a portion of the menu for the restaurant
- Each chef must participate in the “Meet the Chefs” event on Sunday, May 19 at Casino del Sol
Perks if you take home the championship:
- Get your own commercials on 94.9 MIXfm, 96.1 KLPX, Rock102.1 KFMA, and ESPN Tucson during the first week of July
- You’re guaranteed a slot in next year’s competition to defend the title unless it’s your third time winning
- You’ll also receive a plaque to display at your restaurant and an Iron Chef Tucson chef coat provided by Stella Artois
Are you convinced? Head over to ironcheftucson.com for more details and to submit your application.