Kris Kringle has the goods this year — free ice cream, jolly cocktails, a pop-up shop, and a safe experience
A lot of people could use some holiday cheer these days.
Downtown Tucson’s festive holiday tradition, Miracle on Congress St., is making a jolly return from Friday, December 4 – Saturday, December 19.
This year’s event will look slightly different, but that doesn’t mean it’s lacking a whimsical paradise of lights, jingle bells, festive songs, and belly-warming cocktails. Much like the past, all of the fun will be brightening up the corner of Congress and Fifth Avenue.
Also, did you know Santa Claus will be hanging out, waiting to greet you?
He won’t be in the pop-up shop this year, but he’ll literally be up on the rooftop (click, click, click) of the Playground Bar & Lounge. Oh, and since it’s the season of giving, take advantage of the free parking in the garage at the AC Hotel Tucson Downtown during Santa’s hours.
Jolly Old Saint Nick’s Rooftop Schedule
- Fridays and Saturdays from 4 – 6 p.m.
- Sundays from noon – 4 p.m.
Down below — right in front of the “Tucson Together” mural — drop a letter to Santa in the mailbox, and then be sure to get your mitts on a free “kids scoop” of Peppermint Ice Cream. So, be on the lookout for the helpful elves chilling over at the HUB Ice Cream’s vintage truck.
Just right next door to the Playground, HUB Restaurant and Ice Creamery has something to share, too. The restaurant has put together a special holiday-inspired cocktail menu.
You know, so the grownups can get in the spirit of things as well.
MIRACLE ON CONGRESS ST. COCKTAIL MENU
- Santa’s Peanut Butter Cookies – Screwball peanut butter whiskey, creme de cacao, and half and half
- Red Wine and Winter Spices – Orange, clove, cinnamon, and nutmeg
- Spiced Rum – Cream of coconut, vanilla, and cinnamon (essentially a Puerto Rican Eggnog)
- Tucson Boulevardier – Whiskey Del Bac, Campari, and Sweet Vermouth
Miracle on Congress St. Schedule & locations
- Fridays and Saturdays from 4 – 6 p.m. and Sundays from noon – 4 p.m.
- Playground Bar & Lounge’s rooftop, the corner of 5th and Congress, HUB Ice Cream Factory, and HUB Restaurant & Ice Creamery
For more information on the hours, locations, and any updates to the upcoming holiday events, visit Miracle on Congress Street’s Facebook page.