Tucson Foodie Crew (Credit: Jackie Tran)
We could use a little of your help.
I know you’re probably bombarded with people asking for your help, but if you’re a regular, avid reader and fan of Tucson Foodie, please consider the following…
Tucson Foodie is run like a small magazine. There’s an editorial department consisting of numerous contributors, a photojournalist, videographer, and events editor. There’s a social media department. And there’s advertising sales. Some of those departments are only one person. Some of those ‘one persons’ work in multiple departments.
Producing quality content is expensive. We’re very fortunate to have a reputation for quality content. And believe it or not, there’s much more of it than we’re able to cover.
But there’s a cap to how much advertising we can sell. While we haven’t yet reached that cap, we’ve come close. Past that point, our advertisers compete with each other which can cannibalize efforts. We want our advertising packages – which are some of the most effective I’ve seen at driving restaurant traffic – to remain effective. Our advertisers’ success is crucial to our success.
We are 100% funded by ad revenue. We’re selective with who we work with and don’t allow just anyone to advertise (although we’re less strict with certain advertising products). Because of this model, I decided we’d try something a little different. After all, a small handful of publications do this (sans benefits) and I thought it would be a fun way to build community, enjoy great food and drink, and help supplement our ad revenue. I’m calling it the Tucson Foodie Backer program.
Here’s my plea: if you like what we do, want to see more of it, can afford to give a little, and want a little something in return for it, help us out a little. We’re rolling out this supporter program to help supplement ad revenue, which will allow us to continue to pay everyone decently and help us produce more and better content. And we’ll have a little fun in the process.
All backers are entitled to entry to the bi-monthly mixers we plan on rolling out in 2018. Fair warning – the mixers will (unfortunately) have an attendance cap and be limited to first come first serve. In essence – make sure to RSVP promptly when the time comes to snag your spot.
Tucson Foodie Backer Tiers
Terms & Conditions
- The Tucson Foodie Backer program is an at-will program offered by Tucson Foodie to supplement revenue.
- Backer subscriptions can be canceled at anytime by the backer or by Tucson Foodie. All cancellation requests received will be processed immediately. In rare occurrences, please allow 48 hours to process.
- Mixer entry is for one person. All attendees will need to be a backer to attend. In the unlikely event of low attendance, spots will be made available for purchase.
- Guests interested in attending a mixer must RSVP. Spots are limited and offered on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Tucson Foodie reserves the right to cancel the backer program at any time.
For more information regarding the Tucson Foodie Backer program, please send us a message via our contact page.