Welcome to another week of food truck favorites. Hungry? Good! Let’s chase down some Peruvian and Italian dishes, then finish up with some good ol’ American soft serve ice cream.
Bugaloo’s Ice Cream Shoppe
This family-owned food truck is a cute white buggy with a sweet surprise: light and luxurious soft serve ice cream.
- Best Seller: Combine vanilla soft serve, hot chocolate sauce and sliced nuts and you’ve got Bugaloo’s take on the well-known Hot Fudge Sundae.
- Recommended: Who can resist a yummy Turtle Sundae? Secret menu seekers should ask for this one on a waffle cone.
- Where to Find: Find Bugaloo’s at the Northwest Farmers Market at the corner of La Cholla and Orange Grove on selected days, and at other public events.
For more information, visit Bugaloo’s Ice Cream Shoppe on Facebook
Don Pedro’s Peruvian Bistro
Formerly a Tucson-area restaurant, Don Pedro’s now brings its fusion cuisine curbside. Highlighting spice and international flair, DP’s incorporate flavor profiles of the Incan diet, as well as menu mainstays from Europe, Asia and Africa.
- Best Seller: The Lomo Saltado features tenderloin beef or chicken, with homemade French fries, tomatoes, onions, green onions, and a side of white rice.
- Recommended: You must try the Aguadito Soup. It’s a hearty cilantro-based chicken soup, with rice, peas, and carrots and Peruvian corn.
- Where to Find: Don Pedro’s is parked at local food truck round-ups, selected brew pubs, and occasionally at its south side location at 4101 S. 12th Ave on scheduled dates.
For more information, visit Don Pedro’s Peruvian Bistro on Facebook
Fiamme Pizza Napoletana
Fiamme offers authentic Neapolitan-style brick oven pizza, one of the many traditional pizzas found in and around Italy. Try one of Fiamme’s creations and you’ll never phone another fast food pizza factory again.
- Best Seller: The Margherita features crushed tomatoes and light toppings, like tasty mozzarella and basil. It’s fresh and simply fabulous.
- Recommended: Lactose intolerant or just trying to cut down on dairy products? Try the Marinara with no cheese.
- Where to Find: Fiamme can be found at Rillito Park Farmers Market on Sunday mornings and at local brew pubs.
For more information, visit Fiamme Pizza Napoletana on Facebook.
Food Truck Gatherings April 25 – May 1
- Tuesday April 26 at 11:00 a.m.
- Downtown Food Truck Rally at Joel D. Valdez Main Library, 101 N Stone Ave, Tucson.
- Tuesday April 26 at 11:30 a.m.
- Food Truck Lunch at SimplyBits, 5225 N. Sabino Canyon Rd, Tucson.
- Tuesday April 26 at 4:30 p.m.
- Reading Under the Stars with Food Trucks at Senita Valley Elementary School, 10750 E Bilby Rd, Tucson.
- Thursday, April 28 at 5 p.m.
- Art Galleria Night at Quail Run Elementary School at 4600 W Cortaro Farms Rd, Marana. Confirmed: Guisos Mexican Soul Food, Snack Attack, Pin-Up Pastries, Big Bad Wolf, Tacoqueta Tacos, and Road Running Wood Fired Pizza.
- Friday, April 29 at 5:30 p.m.
- Acacia Elementary School’s 29th Anniversary at 12955 E Colossal Cave Rd, Vail. Confirmed: Bugaloo’s