Aside from being considered aphrodisiacs, wine and chocolate have a lot of similarities, but it can be somewhat challenging to pair them together.
Hacienda del Sol Guest Ranch Resort is hosting a “World of Chocolate” Wine Dinner from 7 – 9 p.m. on Thursday, July 20.
The one-of-a-kind dinner party will treat guests to a tasting menu that uses chocolate in six beautiful and tasteful courses, each of which will be paired with French, Italian, and California estate wines.
Chef Bruce Yim and his creative culinary staff are blending both worlds of sweet and savory, and proving it’s not just something to enjoy for dessert.
Dinner is $95 per person. To make reservations, call (520) 529-3500.
Chocolate Wine Dinner Menu at Hacienda Del Sol
- Roasted Beet, Chard Corn, and Goat Cheese Salad – smoked oranges and orange chocolate vinaigrette, chocolate pearls
- Paired with Bila Haut White Blend 2015
- Seared Duck and Pain au Chocolate – Nutella, chile lime pepitas
- Paired with Siduri Pinot Noir 2014
- NY Steak and Coffee Cocoa Rubbed Pork Belly – Mexican chocolate grits, rainbow chard, wine soaked raisin, cherry chile Brandy dark chocolate
- Paired with Beckmen Vineyards “Cuvee Le Bec” 2014 and Tooth and Nail “The Stand” 2014
Dessert (Choice of)
- Dessert Amuse – Bavarian cream, cotton candy, lavender scented popcorn
- Giandujia Mousse – cocoa sponge cake, malt chocolate ice cream
- Paired with Tobin James “Liquid love” 2014
For those hoping for vegetarian and gluten free choices, those are available as well upon request.