Buttermilk Fried Quail at Maynards Market & Kitchen (Credit: Jackie Tran)
Here’s the perfect solution if Tucson’s summer heat’s left you feeling high and dry.
Maynards Market & Kitchen is hosting a four-course Arizona Summer Wine Dinner 7 p.m. on Friday, September 22.
Open your heart and fall in love with the flavors of the Sonoran desert by savoring in Arizona’s wines.
To end the summer right, sommelier Steve Berger and executive chef Brian Smith have teamed up to prove traveling great distances isn’t necessary to enjoy exquisite wines and food.
Tickets are $71.50 per person before taxes and gratuity.
Also, wine tastings are $10 or free for Wine Club Members before dinner.
Arizona Summer Wine Dinner Menu
- Local Baby Greens – goat cheese panna cotta, pickled cholla buds, jalapeño, prickly pear vinegar, puffed white Sonoran wheat berries.
- Paired with Dos Cabezas Meskeoli
- Mesquite Grilled Quail – Hayden Mills polenta, roasted squash, Willcox apple, kumquat brown butter, desert sage
- Paired with Rune Grenache
- Arizona Raised New York Strip – brown ale mole, roasted oyster mushroom, buttermilk fried nopales, garden carrot
- Paired with Sand-Reckoner “Z”
- Sweet Corn Mousse on Semolina Sponge Cake – lime curd, cherry pearls, meringue crumb
Maynards Market & Kitchen is located at 400 N. Toole Ave. For more information, call (520) 545-0577 and visit maynardstucson.com to purchase your tickets.