Sometimes it’s nice to have someone mess up their own kitchen and bring you some figgy pudding, right?
If you’d like to have the pressure of cooking taken off your shoulders, there are plenty of places in town that’ll gladly do the dishes for you.
While many businesses are planning to be closed for the holidays, a variety of others are staying open with limited hours and special menus.
Feast your eyes upon the handful of Tucson restaurants offering holiday specials for either Christmas Day or Christmas Eve.
Azul Restaurant & Lounge
The Azul Restaurant & Lounge at the Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa will be offering their regular menu on Christmas Eve, but a special buffet on Christmas.
On the menu, you can expect to see prime rib, a holiday ham, and red velvet cake, but the entire buffet menu can be seen at westinlapalomaresort.com.
Seats are $56.95 and $29.95 for children 14 years and under.
To make your reservations, call (520) 742-6000 or visit westinlapalomaresort.com.
Cielos at Lodge on the Desert
Christmas is coming to town at Cielos at the Lodge on the Desert will be serving up a buffet featuring classic holiday dishes.
Some of the highlights are the Lodge-Rubbed Prime Rib, Shrimp and White Fish Ceviche, and Roasted Christmas Goose.
Seats are $58 and $29 for children 7 – 14 years old.
For more information and to make reservations, call (520) 320-2014 or visit lodgeonthedesert.com.
5 – 10 p.m. Sunday, December 24
402 E. 9th St.
Honey Ginger Braised Pork & Fennel Meatballs at the Coronet (Credit: Jackie Tran)
The Coronet will be closed on Christmas but is offering a special menu on top of their regular menu this Christmas Eve.
Christmas Eve Specials:
- Amuse Bouche – five spiced deviled eggs with pork belly wrapped in Napa cabbage
- Cantonese Duck Breast Platter – zucchini sweet potatoes, radish, and cucumber served with a big bowl of plum sauce
- Coronet’s Wonton Soup – chicken, pork, bok choy, and carrot with sesame ginger pork won tons
From 6 – 9 p.m. you can enjoy live music from Loveland.
For more information, call (520) 222-9889 and visit cafecoronet.com to view their full menu.
Sunday, December 24 – Monday, December 25
311 E. Congress St.
Cup Cafe will be open both Christmas and Christmas Eve with an exceptional holiday menu.
Christmas Eve & Christmas Day Menu (4 – 8 p.m.)
- Slow Roasted New York Strip – pink and green pepper crusted 12oz NY strip, broccolini, potato stack with caramelized onions, brie cheese, and demi-glace ($32)
- Quinoa Stuffed Quail – quail stuffed with quinoa and chorizo, haricot verts, cranberry vinaigrette, and sweet potato au gratin ($26)
- Butter Braised Diver Scallops – diver scallops, golden beet risotto, carrot, parsnip, and butternut squash coulis ($28)
Christmas Day Brunch Specials (9 a.m. – 3 p.m.)
- House-Made Stuffed French Fruitcake – vanilla maple orange battered fruitcake, stuffed with blackberry tarragon mascarpone, whipped cream, and fresh berries ($11)
- Creole Christmas Eggs – bell pepper rings stuffed with eggs, andouille sausage and Gruyere cheese, served with shrimp and grits, collard greens, and Bloody Mary beurre blanc ($14)
For more information, call (520) 798-1618 or visit hotelcongress.com.
DOWNTOWN Kitchen + Cocktails
DOWNTOWN Kitchen + Cocktails is offering a meal that reflects the flavors of Tucson and the best of the season.
In addition to the regular menu, a perfect three-course meal will also be available for $35 per person (plus tax and gratuity), and $20 for kids 12 and under.
- Oaxacan Tomato Soup – with a cheese relleno and tortilla shards
- Roast Turkey Adobado – chorizo cornbread stuffing, maple scented pan gravy, chipotle molasses sweet potatoes, and gingered jalapeno orange cranberries
- Warm Oaxacan Bread Pudding – rum raisin ice cream and mezcal hard sauce
For more information and to make reservations, visit downtownkitchen.com.
Falora Pizzawill be open on Christmas Eve from 4 – 9 p.m., serving a limited menu of three pizzas pies and three salads.
Plus, all bottles of wine are 24% off for the night.
For more information, (520) 325-9988 or visit falora.com.
Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort
Assorted Sunday brunch spreads at The Grill at Hacienda Del Sol (Photo by Jackie Tran)
Celebrate Christmas at the Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort with their gourmet buffet.
The meal is $68 per person, $34 for kids 7 – 14 years old, and anyone under 6 years old can eat for free.
- Traditional eggs benedict with Canadian bacon, poached eggs, and hollandaise
- Omelet and waffle bar
- Applewood bacon, breakfast sausage, and herb potatoes
- Bagels, cream cheese, toast, croissants, and danish
- Roast turkey breast bread stuffing with thyme and garlic gravy
- Prime rib with au jus and creamy horseradish
- Country ham with pineapple chile sauce
Appetizers and Salads
- Seafood – chilled shrimp, smoked salmon, and snow crab claws
- Antipasto – imported Italian cured meats, pepperoncini, olives, and imported and domestic cheese platter
- Fresh fruit platter
- Grilled asparagus, eggplant, peppers, zucchini, radicchio, tomato, and yellow squash with balsamic vinaigrette
- Roasted brussel sprout salad with bacon vinaigrette and roasted peppers
- Arugula, mixed greens, pecans, apples, oranges, and goat cheese vinaigrette
- Caesar salad
- Heritage bean salad
- Creamy potato leek soup
- Chicken and turkey cassoulet
- Roast Atlantic salmon
- Mashed potatoes
- Minted green bean
- Baked cavatappi with mornay and confit tomatoes
- Cinnamon cayenne sweet potatoes
- Roasted beets with orange and horseradish
- Cauliflower and parmesan
- Roasted broccoli with olives and garlic
- Chocolate cupcakes with peppermint buttercream
- Carrot cake with cream cheese frosting
- Rainbow cookies
- Figgy pudding
- Fresh donuts
- New York cheesecake
- Chocolate truffles
- Fresh fruit tarts
- Yogurt panna cotta with pomegranate seeds
- Gingerbread mousse
Reservations are required and can be made by calling (520) 529-3500.
Their full menu can be found on their haciendadelsol.com.
Harvest Restaurant is offering a few special editions to their brunch, lunch, and dinner menus on Christmas Eve.
Available from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Sonoran Pit Ham Hash & Eggs – served with roasted corn and poblano peppers, avocado crema, and home fries ($12.90)
- Ham and Vegetable Quiche – with spinach, mushrooms, asparagus, swiss cheese, and home fries ($9.50)
- Breakfast Sandwich – two eggs with prosciutto, arugula, chipotle hollandaise, and bacon jam
served open face on a jumbo buttermilk biscuit with home fries ($13.90)
Available from 4 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Dijon Crusted Lamb Chops – served with mushroom risotto, seasonal
vegetables, and mint/lamb jus ($25.90)
- Grilled NY Steak – topped with pearl onions and portobello mushrooms, served with whipped yukon gold potatoes, seasonal vegetables, and onion demi sauce ($24.90)
For more information, call (520) 731-1100 or visit harvestov.com to view their full menu.
Hilton Tucson El Conquistador Golf & Tennis Resort
On Christmas Day, take it easy and enjoy some traditional favorites out at the resort.
The buffet will have a carving station, salad bar, and dessert buffet. You can check out their full menu at hiltonelconquistador.com.
The feast is $77 per person, $26 for kids 6 – 12 years old, and anyone younger is free.
For more information and to make your reservations, call (520) 544-1244 or visit hiltonelconquistador.com.
JW Marriott Tucson Starr Pass Resort & Spa
The luxury resort nestled in the Tucson Mountain Park is whipping up an unforgettable Christmas Day buffet.
From chili agave glazed salmon to rosemary and thyme marinated prime rib, there’s plenty of variety for everyone.
The feast is $59 for adults, $27 for children from 6 – 12 years old, and children 5 years and under are free.
For more information and to make your reservations, call (520) 791-6064.
Kingfisher Bar + Grill
Oyster Bar Tasting at Kingfisher (Credit: Jackie Tran)
Kingfisher Bar + Grill is serving dinner from the regular menu with some holiday specials from 5 – 8 p.m. on Christmas Eve, and will be closed on Christmas.
For more information and to make reservations, call (520) 323-7739 or visit kingfishertucson.com.
Loews Ventana Canyon Resort
10 a.m. – 3 p.m. Monday, December 25
700 N. Resort Dr.
This Christmas, join Loews Ventana Canyon Resort for an unforgettable brunch.
Executive Chef Ken Harvey is working on a buffet featuring holiday classics like citrus brined turkey with prickly pear Cranberry sauce, rosemary and fine herb leg of lamb with apricot lemon chutney, sage stuffing, and green chili tamales.
The brunch is $84 per person.
For more information and to make reservations, call (520) 615-5496.
Maynards Market & Kitchen
Celebrate this holiday season at Maynards and give your family and friends the gift of fine dining.
Chef Brian Smith and his culinary team are making this Christmas Eve inventive and memorable with their passion for heritage foods.
- Pan seared scallops – Willcox apple butter, chiltepin, walnut-celery jam, celery hearts, thyme, and salt ($18)
- Mesquite smoked and braised ham hock – stewed runner beans, fermented pearl onion, balsamic confit, tomato, tarragon pistou, and Patagonia pea tendrils ($31)
- Cast iron seared Wagyu ribeye – sauerkraut potato puree, parmesan roasted brussels sprouts, bone marrow butter, shaved horseradish, and ice plant ($45)
- Chocolate sponge cake – with cherry bavarian, pistachio anglaise, marcona almond, and chantilly cream ($10)
Reservations are suggested for the holiday dinner.
For more information and to make reservations, call (520) 545-0577 or visit maynardstucson.com.
Baked Mac & Cheese at Pastiche (Credit: Shana Gegantoca)
Pastiche is here to help fill your belly this Christmas.
Their a la carte menu will include some of their favorites, like the Bourbon Salmon, as well as some of the Christmas staples.
Seats are expected to go fast, so make your reservations ahead of time by calling (520) 325-3333.
For more information and to view their full menu, visit pasticheme.com.
To make your experience that much more merrier, RA Sushi is open during the holidays with their regular menu.
Christmas Eve, they’re open from 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. and 3 p.m. – 12 a.m. on Christmas Day.
For more information, call (520) 615-3970 or visit rasushi.com.
This Christmas Eve, chef Massimo Tenino and Tavolino are serving a Feast of the Seven Fishes for $100 per person.
Space is very limited at the traditional Italian dinner, so you’ll need to make reservations beforehand.
- Timballa di Salmone – timballo cake served with arrabiata sauce, goat cheese, and saffron aioli
- Lobster Salad – roasted lobster, veggies, and micro greens
- Carpaccio di Barbabietole con Tonino – red and yellow beets, carpaccio, arugula salad, pan-seared ahi tuna, and truffle
First Entree (choice of)
- Chitarra ai Frutti di Mare – house-made spaghetti, swordfish, shrimp, salmon, clam, cherry tomatoes, onion, bell pepper, and olives
- Pesci Ribieno al Forno – red snapper, stuffing, octopus, scallops, tomatoes, onions, capers, and celery
- Pandoro con Cioccolato e Frutti di Bosco – pandoro cake served with hot chocolate and fresh berries
For more information and to make reservations, call (520) 531-1913.
The Views Restaurant
This Christmas Eve, The Views Restaurant is celebrating the holidays in style with a five-course wine pairing dinner for $60 per person.
- Appled Brie – french brie, roasted garlic, honeycomb, and toast point
- Roasted Butternut Squash and Pomegranate Salad – wild rice, warm champagne citrus vinaigrette, pistachio dust, and goat cheese
- Seared Scallop – roasted corn puree, popped red quinoa, pomegranate, and corn shoots
- Filet Mignon – forest mushrooms, pettie syrah demi glaze, potato gaufrette, and asparagus
- Griotte Cherry Cobbler – Brandy caramel drizzle and French vanilla malt shake
For more information, call (520) 825-3277 or visit suncityorovalley.com.
11 a.m. – 8 p.m. Sunday, December 24
7037 N. Oracle Rd.
Wildflower has whipped up a special Chrimstas Eve three-course menu for $45 per person, excluding beverages, tax, and gratuity.
First Course (choice of)
Clam Chowder – smoked bacon, yukon gold potato, and thyme
Cold Smoked Salmon – chive crème fraiche and potato galette
Farmers Market Salad – butternut squash, brussels sprout, beet, apple, quinoa, goat cheese, and marcona almond
Pan Fried Edamame Dumplings – sesame seed, scallion, and red chili sweet and sour
Crisp Calamari – mizuna greens, yuzu emulsion, and toasted sesame seed
Spinach Salad – bacon, apple, pecan, blue cheese, and raspberry vinaigrette
Second Course (choice of)
Steelhead Salmon – horseradish gratin, sherry glazed beet, and arugula
Wood Grilled New York Steak – brussels sprout, creamed spinach, roasted red potato, and red wine reduction
Filet of Beef – yukon gold potato purée, wild mushroom, charred broccoli, béarnaise, and bordelaise
Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin – horseradish potato, roasted mushroom, brussels sprout, and sherry gastrique
Wild Mushroom Agnolotti – brussels sprout, butternut squash, parmesan, and charred rosemary
Spanish Paella – prawn, scallop, clam, mussel, chicken, chorizo, and saffron rice
Pan Roasted Chicken – smashed potato, green bean, lemon, and garlic
Third Course (choice of)
Key Lime Tart – gingersnap almond crust, vanilla crème fraiche
Cinnamon Doughnuts – vanilla custard, berry marmalade
Chocolate Decadence – three layer chocolate mousse, peanut butter base, and raspberry sauce
New York Cheesecake – butter graham crust and cherry compote
For more information, call (520) 219-4230 or visit wildflowertucson.com.