The Pima Community College Culinary Club is hosting a gourmet Chinese buffet at Cafe 54 from 1:30 – 4:30 p.m. on Sunday, January 14.
Chinese food has more than three thousand years of history, and culinary student and chef, Shine Chen, will be showcasing her take on the cuisine.
From delicious steamed chicken meatballs to dry pot cabbage, you’ll surely have a mouthful at this unique culinary experience.
The experience is one way Pima Community College’s Culinary Arts department prepares students, and helps put their culinary career in motion.
Tickets are $30 per person, and you’ll want to purchase those ahead of time, too.
Gourmet Chinese Buffet Menu
- Homestyle Cucumber Salad – with black vinegar and garlic sauce
- Steamed Chicken Meatballs – coated with sweet rice, and served with hot chili oil and sweet soy sauce.
- Mapo Tofu – ground pork, tofu, and green peas cooked in a spicy sauce
- Sweet and Sour Pork Ribs
- Dry Pot Cabbage – stir-fry cabbage with onion and Chinese fermented black bean paste
- Mashed Red Bean Sauce and Mini Rice Cake Balls
The meal will also include steamed white rice and chrysanthemum flower herbal Chinese tea.