GUT is a team of chefs from different local restaurants that work to educate and display just how dynamic the food scene is in Tucson.
The Mardi Gras themed event will feature creative Cajun, Creole, and Brazilian carnival cuisine prepared by local GUT chefs, beer sampling, live music, and loads of entertainment.
The carnival will also benefit the Rialto Theatre and Southern Arizona Arts and Cultural Alliance‘s programming and future events.
Tickets to the 21 and older event are $45 per person.
The event is just one of a few events happening before the 2018 SAVOR Southern Arizona Food & Wine Festival, which begins on Saturday, February 3.
Participating Gastronomic Union of Tucson Chefs & Menus
Chef Marcus Van Winden (The Dutch Eatery & Refuge) collaborating with Max Provost (Private Chef), Nohemi Montoya (HUB Restaurant and Ice Creamery), Travis Gary Peters (The Parish)
- Dirty South Mudbug Rolls n’ Gutzz
- Smoked ‘gator boudin sausage with creole mustard
- Green gumbo & grilled kale garlic rice
Chef Tanner Fleming (Downtown Kitchen + Cocktails) accompanied by Devon Sanner (The Carriage House), Tim Moore (Pastiche), and Matt Kraiss (Downtown Kitchen + Cocktails)
- Brazilian feijoada
- Pao de queijo
- Yucca fries
- Molho rose
Chef Rocco DiGrazia (Rocco’s Little Chicago) accompanied by Obadiah Hindman (Mountain Oyster Club) and Mat Cable (Fresco Pizzeria and Pastaria)
- Smokey duck boudin balls with kumquat remoulade
- BBQ shrimp & pork belly poboys with charred pickle slaw
- Chicory, celery & chicken heart salad with crispy onions and buttermilk vinaigrette
Chef Chuck Scott (Highlands Bar & Grill) accompanied by Sam Krajnak (Red’s Smokehouse + Tap Room), Buddy Hopkins (Ermanos Craft Beer and Wine Bar), Rica Rances (The Parish)
- Stuffed freshwater shrimp head with a shrimp mousse
- Corn flour tempura with smoked chimichurri
- Beef roulade with charred green onion, pickled carrots, bacon, avocado and serrano cream
- Coconut flan, filo crisp and sous vide candied plantain topped with a coconut lace garnish.
Chef Jim Murphy (Kingfisher) accompanied by Michael Elefante (Mama Louisa’s) and Ken Foy (Dante’s Fire) serving
- Heritage red beans and Carolina gold rice with pickled pork
- Alligator gumbo, Cajun trinity, and tasso ham
- Fresh beignet “fosters” au foie
Chef Gina Skelton (Casino del Sol Resort)
- King Cake
- Four Peaks Brewing Company
- Goose Island Beer Company
- Elysian Brewing Company
- Golden Road Brewing Company
Lyft will be there to help you get home safely with free rides and discounts, too.
First time users can redeem up to $20 in free Lyft credits by using the code: SAACA, and existing users can get home with 20 percent off by using the code: SAVORFEST.
The RialtoTheatre is located at 318 E. Congress St. Visit saaca.org for more information and to purchase your tickets.