Jumbo diver scallops at PY Steakhouse (Credit: Jackie Tran)
The “Dinner with Chefs” series is back for 2018, but this year local celebrities are joining in on the action.
For the new year, chef Ryan Clark is continuing his monthly dinner series “Dinner with Chefs & Celebs” at PY Steakhouse, beginning at 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, February 22.
This month, chef Roderick Le Desma and the rest of the PY Steakhouse culinary team, are joined by UA graduate John Fina, who was also an offensive tackle in the NFL and played in two Super Bowls.
Tickets are $65 per person, and reservations can be made by calling (520) 324-9350.
The co-chefs will work to create a multi-course dinner with paired wines and a specialty cocktail, and the menus will always feature Arizona prime beef and Arizona-grown products from over 30 of Casino Del Sol’s local partnerships.
February ‘Dinner with Chefs’ Menu with John Fina
- CitrusFINA – Stoli Elite vodka, tangerine, minced jalapeno, basil, and soda
- Foie and Scallop – buttered brioche, potato, mango chutney, and raspberry gastrique
- Paired with Zind Humbrecht Gewurztraminer 2014
- Fermented Mushroom Agnolotti – toasted hazelnut and ricotta, wild mushrooms, mushroom brodo, and fennel pollen
- Paired with A to Z Wine Works Pinot Noir 2014
- Wagyu Short Rib – red wine brined and braised, Hayden Mills polenta, Fina’s wicked greens, and confit-shallot-butter
- Paired with Black Stallion Cabernet 2014
- Mignardises – bite-size desserts
Guest Chefs & Local Celebs Lineup
- February – John Fina, UA Grad, offensive lineman, 11 year NFL player (10 years with Buffalo Bills), played in two Super bowls
- March – Wendy Gauthier, Executive Chef/owner of Chef Chic Catering
- April – Melissa Kelly, James Beard Award Winner and Executive Chef at Primo at JW Marriott Starr Pass Resort & Spa
- May – Ken Harvey (and culinary team), Executive Chef at Loews Ventana Canyon Resort
- June – Brian Smith, Executive Chef at Maynards Market & Kitchen
- July – A.Q. Shipley, eight-year NFL player, currently plays center for the Arizona Cardinals
- August – Lupita Murillo, KVOA reporter
- September – Chris Edwards, Owner, Tucson Appliance
- October – Kyle Nottingham, Executive Chef at Miraval Resort & Spa
- November – Mayor Satish I. Hiremath, DDS, Mayor of Oro Valley, Arizona
- December – Tyler Fenton, Executive Chef/owner of Reilly Craft Pizza & Drink
PY Steakhouse is located at the Casino Del Sol Resort at 5655 W. Valencia Rd. To make a reservation, call (520) 324-9350. For more information, visit casinodelsol.com.