It’s OK if you’ve got that napkin hanging out of your shirt collar — you’ll need it.
Three local mortgage companies, Peoples Mortgage, The Money Store, and NOVA Home Loans, are bringing the Grills Gone Wild BBQ Rib Cook-Off to The Oasis at Wild Horse Ranch from on 2 – 11 p.m. on Saturday, April 28.
The amateur backyard barbecue competitors will be grilling up rib samples and barbecue pork sandwiches, along with beer, live music from Jay Faircloth, and some magic and sideshow entertainment from the Strange Family Circus.
Tickets are $46.50 per person and include:
- One drink ticket
- One food ticket towards a Barbecue Pulled Pork Sandwich, with a side of beans, coleslaw, and a bottle of water
- Six rib samples
- Magic show from the Strange Family Circus
- Raffle prizes
- Whiskey sampling from 4 – 5:30 p.m.
- People’s choice vote
- Live music from Jay Faircloth starting at 6 p.m.
The 2017 champions haven’t had enough yet, and are returning to reclaim their grilling titles.
Last year’s first place Judges Choice Rodney Miller, Grand Champion Sean Denlinger, third place Judges Choice Tim Stoner, will all be back with the newcomers Rich Martinez and Curtis Ruhlman.
- Button Brew House
- Dillinger Brewing Company
- Elgin Distillery
- Sentinel Peak Brewing Company
- Three Wells Distilling Company
Proceeds from the competition will support the local non-profit organization Tu Nidito.
The Oasis at Wild Horse Ranch is located at 6801 N. Camino Verde. For more information, call (520) 603-7000 or visit grillsgonewildaz.com.