Whether or not you use a fork, Dog Days of Summer at Cafe Botanica inside the Tucson Botanical Gardens are for everyone to enjoy
It’s a garden party and your four-legged canines are invited, too.
Café Botanica, located inside the Tucson Botanical Gardens is offering a new menu for you and your dog from 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. until Sunday, September 30.
The menu was crafted and inspired by the culinary traditions of the Sonoran desert and the high-desert of northern New Mexico.
In order to dine at Café Botanica, you must pay the Tucson Botanical Gardens’ admission or be a current member.
If your dog’s itching to get out of the house and try their special menu, you can bring your pooch in for $3 a day and $10 for any additional dog.
Dog Days of Summer Menu
- Sweet Corn Bread Strata – mix of challa and corn bread, with custard, maple syrup, and fresh fruit ($13)
- Famous Gallery Granola – seasonal fruits and organic vanilla yogurt ($11.50)
- Huevos Rancheros – corn sopes topped with tepary beans, poached eggs, house-made ancho chile sauce, queso frescho, and escabeche ($13)
- Botanica Benedict – house-made buiscit with smoke pork tenderloin, tomatoes, poached eggs, and tomatillo crema ($15)
- Composed Greens – seasonal fruits, seeds, and vegetables ($14)
- Bowl of Soup – rotating selection served a house-made roll ($8)
- Apricot Glazed Chicken – with a bed of carrot crema and a seasonal green salad ($15)
- Corn Pudding – with rajas, tomatillo crema, and a seasonal green salad ($14)
- Hummus Board – with pita chips and their Sonoran take on a traditional Greek salad ($15)
- Café Botanica Hamburger – with fried sweet potatoes ($15)
- Hand-made Dog Biscuit – made with sweet potato, coconut, house-rendered lard, and fresh parsley ($2.50)
- The Double Check Hamburger – classic hamburger with an option to add a raw or cooked free-range egg ($7) ($2 extra for an egg)
- Chicken and Rice – Jasmine rice with chicken and its liver, gizzzard, and kidneys ($7) ($2 extra for an egg)
You can also make the memories permanent with a dog portrait for $10 a pose, or $15 for two poses, at 7:30 – 9:30 a.m. from Thursday, June 28 – Thursday, August 23.
Café Botanica is located inside Tucson Botanical Gardens at 2150 N. Alvernon Way. For more Dog Days of Summer information, visit tucsonbotanical.org.