A classic New Orleans celebration with live music, drink specials, and fun for all
The Parish is hosting its annual “Stormin’ the Sazerac” party beginning on Wednesday, September 19 to Monday, September 24.
In 1949, women were not allowed to enjoy cocktails in the same bar as men. Thirsty for a delicious cocktail, several women stormed the famous Sazerac Bar in New Orleans. It was such a legendary day because it was the fall of a 100-year-old tradition of only men being allowed to drink inside that bar.
The Parish’s five-day event is free to attend. It will have an extended happy hour on specialty cocktails for the ladies and $6 Sazeracs available to everyone all day.
To celebrate beyond the Sazerac, the Parish will also feature live music from female musicians.
Stormin’ the Sazerac Live Music Lineup
- 8 p.m. Wednesday, September 19: Heather “Little Mama” Hardy (blues)
- 8 p.m. Thursday, September 20: Tiny House of Funk (soul/rhythm/jazz/blues)
- 9 p.m. Friday, September 21: Sundust Rd. (Americana/swing/rockabilly/country)
- 9 p.m. Saturday, September 22: Brook Sample (country/pop rock/singer/songwriter)
- 7 p.m. Monday, September 24: Miss Olivia and the Interlopers (tinged blues/eclectic)
The Parish is located at 6453 N. Oracle Rd. For more information and the complete lineup of entertainment, call (520) 797-1233 or visit theparishtucson.com.