Another year of creations, collaborations & good times.
PY Steakhouse inside Casino Del Sol is kicking off their annual “Dinner with Chefs” dinner series 6:30 – 9:30 p.m. on Tuesday, January 29.
With each year’s passing, the monthly event continues to evolve into a much bigger culinary experience with its vast group of collaborators.
To put 2019 in perspective, PY Steakhouse and executive chef Ryan Clark are inviting both local and regional beverage experts into the kitchen to craft three-course dinners with paired beverages.
“I’m excited to mix things up again this year and partner with libationists every month. ‘Dinner with Chefs’ has always been about more than just the food, but now the beverages will be a key focus of these dinners,” said Clark.
First up, is Elvira’s bar manager Eric Harding on Tuesday, January 29. Seats are $75 per person and you can make reservations by calling (520) 324-9350.
“Dinner with Chefs” January Menu
- Chips and Hot Salsa
- Paired with Coronitas – served with salted lemon-lime cordial
- Ahi Tuna ‘Ceviche’ – fermented chile, cilantro, burnt annatto ash, lime oil, and añejo
- Paired with a Singani 63 – citric acid, cilantro, aquafaba, and scarborough bitters
- Tomatillo-Braised Pork Shank – pickle-compressed onion, fresh salted cheese, cilantro, wood-fired tortillas, and cabbage
- Paired with Nuestra Soledad Mezcal – tomatillo, lime, chicharon, and sal de gusano
- Tres Leches Cake – with dulce de leche gelato, milk crumb, and caramelized banana, and relish
- Paired with a Milk Punch – lustau Brandy de jerez, lustau px, and giffard banane
If you can’t make it out to the first dinner of the year, there’s going to be several other opportunities. The menus, dates, and times will be posted at least a month in advance of the event.
Dinner with Chefs 2019 Lineup
- Beaulieu Vineyard Winemaker, Trevor Durling
- Maynards Market & Kitchen Sommelier, Will Olendorf
- Atelier Crenn Beverage Manager, Courtney Olsen
- Hamilton Distillers National Director of Sales & Public Relations, Dale Riggins
- Master Sommelier, Laura Williamson, and Friends
- Little Rituals Bar Director, Aaron DeFeo
- Round Pond Estate Winery Western Regional Sales Manager, Aaron Robertson
- Speaking of Grains and Grapes Owner, Russ Kempton
- Dragoon Brewing Company Founder, Tristan White
- Beverage Consultant, Ciaran Wiese
- Gil Family Estates U.S. Brand Ambassador, Felix Jimenez
- Lagunitas Brewing Company Market Manager, Shaun Nadeau
PY Steakhouse is located at the Casino Del Sol Resort at 5655 W. Valencia Rd. To make a reservation, call (520) 324-9350. For more information, visit casinodelsol.com.