Celebrate with international cuisine that takes you on a taste adventure.
The one of a kind restaurant, Queen Sheba, is welcoming one and all to their one-year anniversary celebration beginning at 1 p.m. on Saturday, January 19.
Back in 2006, Welday Gezehan and his family left the northeast African country Eritrea as refugees and lived in Ethiopia for three years before traveling to the U.S.
“I started from zero,” Gezehan said. “When you move as a family, it’s very difficult.”
From washing dishes at Omni Tucson National Resort for four years to working as assistant manager at Ethiopian restaurant Zemams Too!, it’s safe to say Welday is enjoying his time feeding Tucsonans out of his own restaurant.
With that being said, the family has space at the table for all who’d like to honor their one year on the block (and savor their tasty Eritrean cuisine, too.)
Queen Sheba Eritrean Restaurant Menu Highlights
- Beef Combo – cubed beef, spicy tomato sauce, red berbere, onion, garlic, butter, olive oil
- Lamb Meat – lamb, red berbere, onion, tomato sauce, butter, olive oil, butter, garlic
- Chicken – chicken, spicy tomato sauce, berbere, onion, garlic, butter, olive oil
- Alicha – mild yellow split pea, onion, fresh tomato, green pepper, garlic, olive oil
- Shero – mild chickpea flour, onions, fresh tomato, red pepper, olive oil, green pepper, garlic
- Green Spinach (Vegan) – spinach, onion, tomato sauce, jalapeño, olive oil (cottage cheese available upon request)
- Cabbage (Vegan) – cabbage, onion, tomato sauce, potato, carrots, green peppers, garlic
- Ga’at – wheat porridge, spiced butter, yogurt, served in a volcano-like shape (not available to-go)
Queen Sheba Eritrean Restaurant is located at 5553 E. Grant Rd. For more information, call (520) 276-3476 or visit queenshebatucson.com.