Traditional Chinese cuisine, entertainment, and a fresh start.
In Chinese culture, 2019 is the Year of the Pig — a year of beautiful personalities and blessings of good fortune. Seems fitting because you’re also being blessed with an exceptional meal.
To celebrate the Chinese New Year, The Carriage House is offering a multi-course dinner from 6 – 9 p.m. on Saturday, February 9.
The celebration is often considered one of the most important holidays on the Chinese calendar, and each dish has some kind of symbolic meaning as it’s placed in front of you. The meal is meant to be eaten, but with the high hopes of surpassing fortune, health, and prosperity.
The Jade Lion performing dance troupe from Tucson’s Chinese Cultural Center will perform the Lion Dance.
Tickets are $65 (excluding tax and service charge) and include a welcome cocktail, a five-course dinner, and a half bottle of wine per person. You can also purchase tickets by calling (520) 615-6100.
Chinese New Year Dinner Menu
- Shunde Hamachi Crudo – ginger, seaweed, candied jalapeño, and shiso
- Macao Soup Dumpling, Duck Confit Spring Roll, and Shrimp Jiaozi
- Five Spice Quail – Shanghai savory nian gao
- Crispy Skin Pork Belly – hoisin and pickled vegetables
- Sesame Ice Cream – kumquat, mandarin, pandan, and almond tuile
The Carriage House is located on 125 S. Arizona Ave. For more information and to make your reservation, visit carriagehousetucson.com.