Take a trip with these new creative bites.
Kingfisher is hitting the map and bringing in new menus with its annual “Summer Road Trip” from 5 p.m. on Friday, May 24 – Wednesday, June 5.
The summer promotion, in its 26th season, is a lot of fun because it features a wide variety of appetizers, entrees, desserts, cocktails, and regional beverages — changing it out every few weeks throughout the season.
First stop: the Southwest.
Kingfisher Road Trip Menu: Southwest
- Chorizo Relleno – chorizo stuffed Anaheim chile with goat cheddar, corn, sweet potatoes, charred tomatillo sauce, jicama slaw, and sour cream ($10)
- Spinach and Arugula Salad – chipotle vinaigrette, blood oranges, asiago, tomatoes, roasted corn, and tortilla rajas ($9)
- Fried Pecan Crusted Shrimp – mango salsa and cilantro-lime crema ($17)
- Roasted Corn Soup – Hatch chiles and spicy bean-blue corn ravioli. ($7.50)
- Pan Seared Venison Medallions – ancho chile jam, pickled serranos, barbecue potato wedges, and patty pan squash ($26)
- Seafood Paella – shrimp, scallops, chorizo, mussels, arborio rice, saffron, tomatoes, peas, artichoke hearts, garlic, and fish stock ($26)
- Southwestern Vegetable Platter – jicama slaw, patty pan squash, BBQ potato wedges, roasted corn -black bean salad, fried cactus paddles, and sweet red chile sauce ($16)
- Add grilled achiote chicken ($21.50)
- Coriander-Fennel Rubbed, Grilled Swordfish – prickly pear gastrique, cilantro-lemon gremolata, roasted corn-black bean salad, fried cactus paddles ($27)
- Flourless Chocolate Ancho Chile Pastel – chocolate glaze, raspberry prickly pear sauce, whipped cream. ($8.50)
- Apple Green Chile Tart – cornmeal streusel, cinnamon buttermilk ice cream, and caramel sauce ($8.50)
- Snakebit – Whiskey del Bac “Old Pueblo”, Malabar spiced liqueur, Absinthe, lemon juice, egg white, and on the rocks ($10.50)
- What a Fine Girl – Flying Leap orange and lavender brandy, Granada Vallet liqueur, lemon juice, simple syrup, stirred and served up ($10.50)
- Merkin Chupacabra Blanca – Riesling, Chardonnay Blend, Cochise County 2016 ($9.50)
- Green Feet Brewing Company – Rotating Selection ($7.50)
Summer Road Trip 2019 Schedule
Take a glance at what’s to come throughout the summer. Perhaps the meal of your dreams is on the horizon.
- June 6 – June 17 – Down South menu with chef Jim Murphy
- June 18 – June 30 – Pacific Northwest menu with chef Jeff Azersky
- July 18 – August 1 – Great Plains Midwest menu with chef Jim Murphy
- August 2 – August 15 – Cal-Hawaii menu with chef Fred Harris
- August 16 – September 1 – Back East menu with chef Jeff Azersky
Take note: Kingfisher will be closed from July 1 – July 18 for vacation.
There’s been a great addition this year, too. Guests can pick up a “punch card” to use each time they grab a bite at Kingfisher. If you end up buying five “Dinner Road Trip” entrees, you’ll snag yourself a sixth one for free.
If you’re not in the mood for anything on the special menus, the regular Kingfisher dinner menu you’ve grown to love will also be available.
Kingfisher is located at 2564 E. Grant Rd. For more information and to make reservations, call (520) 323-7739 or visit kingfishertucson.com.