Four talented chefs whip out a meal for champions.
The Southern Arizona Arts and Cultural Alliance and Native Seeds Search are throwing the second of the three-part Three Sisters dinner series at 6 p.m. on Saturday, June 29.
James Beard award-winning chef Christopher Gross has joined the roster, alongside executive chef Todd Sicolo of Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa, executive chef Danny Perez of The Gallery Golf Club, and owner and chef of Chef Chic, Wendy Gauthier.
The Three Sisters is an agricultural practice that plants three ingredients — corn, beans, and squash — together wisely. Each contributes in a different way but the combined result is a more nutritious soil and pest and weed prevention.
Next up on the menu is a focus on the bean and all it has to offer. Another selling point is that the dinner is happening at the beautiful Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa.
You can grab your tickets now for $65 per person.
Three Sisters Dinner Series Menu
Chef Todd Sicolo’s Appetizers
- Smoked Tomato Gazpacho – Popped Sorghum seeds, fresh Cilantro, and Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Kamut and Wheatberry Arancini – Summer Pea and Mint Nage
- Gila Bend River Shrimp Tostada – Ramona Farms rattlesnake bean, Oaxaca cheese, and toasted chile seeds
Chef Christopher Gross’ Main Course
- Arizona Tri-Tip – with Hudson Valley Foie Persillade and Fresh Corn and Herb Freekeh Cooked in Bean Broth with Red Wine Bone Marrow Sauce
Chef Danny Perez’s Main Course
- Squash Blossom Tamale – with pork belly, tepary bean tabouli
Chef Wendy Gauthier’s Dessert
- Blood Orange Olive Oil Blue Corn Cake – with corn anglaise, white chocolate anchovy ice cream, and barrel cactus seed honey crisp
The Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa is located at 245 E. Ina Rd. For more information, head over to saaca.org.