A night of glamour, live music & great cuisine.
This year they’re ditching the bowtie and bringing in the bright lights and glamour of Las Vegas.
The El Rio Community Health Center is throwing their Vecinos Block Party in downtown Tucson from 7 – 11 p.m. on Saturday, September 21.
If it’s samples from over 30 local restaurants and breweries you’re craving — this is the place to be.
That’s not all that’s going on during the event, though. Several vendors, dueling pianos, a photo booth, beer garden, casino games, and live music fill the Jácome Plaza.
General Admission is $85 per person and that includes six drink tickets, food samplings, and other entertainment.
Take a look at the food vendors that are setting up shop this year. It may be wise to create a list so that you’re sure to visit the restaurants you’d like to try before you’re stuffed to the brim.
Participating Food Vendors
- Beyond Bread
- Brother John’s Beer, Bourbon & BBQ
- Miscellaneous barbecue meats
- Charro Del Rey
- Meatballs and grilled vegetables
- Charro Steak
- Charro Vida
- Chef Chic
- German Cheese Sauced Meat Slider and German potato salad
- El Charro Restaurant
- Chips, guacamole, and a salsa bar
- HUB Restaurant & Creamery
- Mac n’ Cheese
- Cajun Fried Shrimp with cocktail sauce
- La Indita
- Living Room
- Mini Chilaquiles with creme fraiche, jack, and salsa verde
- North Italia
- Margarita Pizza and the Pig Pizza
- OBON Sushi Bar Ramen
- Tuna Poke Bowls
- Esquites with Coffee Rubbed Pork
- Reilly Craft Pizza & Drink
- Tomato Burrata with basil oil
- Renee’s Organic Oven
- Bruschetta with tomato, basil, mozzarella, and crostini
- Sauce Pizza and Wine
- Meatball sliders, caprese sliders, and pumpkin and espress cannolis
- Tavolino Ristorante
- Crostini with roasted salmon, carrots, red onion, celery, bell pepper, potato, green beans
- Bonet with chocolate custard and caramel
- Salata Salad
If you’re in the mood to try a new brew — the Vecinos Block Party’s got you covered.
This year’s beer garden has more than 10 local, regional breweries and out-of-towners, so there’s plenty to taste with some of your closest friends.
- Barrio Brewing Company
- Black Rock Brewers
- Borderlands Brewing Company
- Buqui Bichi Brewing Company
- Catalina Brewing Company
- Crooked Tooth Brewing Company
- Dillinger Brewing Company
- Dragoon Brewing Company
- Firestone Walker
- Four Peaks Brewing Company
- Modern Times Brewing Company
- Pueblo Vida Brewing Company
- Uncle Bears Brewery
With each ticket sold, the proceeds will help support El Rio Children’s Dental Programs and provide emergency dental care services for kids in Tucson.
Aside from the great food and bubbly brews, there’s going to be other alcoholic beverages and dessert as well.
Participating Bars & Distributors
- Cobra Arcade
- Codigo Tequila
- Elliot’s on Congress
- Finley Distributing Company
- Gentle Ben’s Brewing
- Hensley Beverage Company
- High Wire
- Playground Bar and Lounge
Participating Dessert Vendors
- Casino Del Sol
- HUB Ice Cream Factory
- Various flavors of ice cream
- Fria Ice Cream Truck
- Various flavors of ice cream
Jácome Plaza is located downtown at 101 N. Stone Ave. For more information and to purchase your tickets, visit elriovecinos.com.