Walk proudly knowing you’re making a difference
It’s all about raising awareness — and your heart rate, too.
The Community Food Bank of Southern Arizona is hosting its annual HungerWalk on Saturday, September 12, but like many events, this year’s walk will be slightly different.
In other words, the event is going virtual to keep things on the safer side.
Here’s how it works:
- Register online at communityfoodbank.org
- Recruit your friends, family, neighbors, and coworkers to join your team
- Set a fundraising goal
- On Saturday, September 12, take a walk alone or with your team
- Make it a challenging hike or a stroll around the neighborhood —it’s your choice
- Share photos or live video from your walk to the Community Food Bank’s Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter
- Prizes will be award in categories like Largest Team, Best Team Name, Most Dollars Raised, and more
You must register for the walk and it’s $25 for adults, $10 for children six to 11 years old, and anyone five years and younger can walk for free.
Your support goes directly to providing emergency groceries, hot meals, and so much more to families in need. The month of September is also Hunger Action Month and what better time to throw a HungerWalk and give back to members of the community that need it the most, right?
For more information and to register, visit communityfoodbank.org.
View this post on Instagram
Have you started your team yet?! 2020 Virtual HungerWalk is right around the corner! You choose the place, you choose the pace, and join us (virtually!) on September 12th. The first 500 walkers to register get a special gift–and, thanks to our generous donors, all funds raised will be matched up to $20,000. That's double the impact! Learn more & register today. Link in bio!