If you’ve been achin’ for an adventure, this one’s got its benefits. First off, you don’t have to travel far and secondly, it involves dishes inspired by different areas of the country.
Kingfisher’s signature cross country culinary adventure is making its second stop to deliver dishes of the Pacific Northwest from Tuesday, June 15 – Saturday, June 26.
Kingfisher’s Road Trip is now in its 27th year, and if you’ve never been, the restaurant sees it as “one of the most enjoyable rites of summer in Tucson.”
The 2021 tour features six distinct regions of the U.S., with the first stop being the Southwest. After the Pacific Northwest menu, which is happening now, the road trip continues on into the Great Plains, Midwest, Back East, California/Hawaii, and Down South.
In preparation for each “road trip,” chefs and owners Jim Murphy and Jeff Azersky, as well as executive chef Fred Harris, have been working together to design the different menus. Pastry chef Marianne Banes is crafting up desserts, too, so that the bites appropriate to each menu.
Also, you can’t forget about the Kingfisher bartending staff — providing the cocktails, wines, beers, and spirits that are representative of each stop along the way.
Take a glance at the menu for the “Pacific Northwest Road Trip.” which is happening Saturday, June 26.
Pacific Northwest Tour Dinner Menu
- Smoked Salmon Belly Bruschetta – dill, Mascarpone, cranberry-apple chutney ($11)
- Fried Select Washington State Oyster -, Panko-crusted, Kimchi, lemon aioli ($12)
- Pan-Seared Alaskan Halibut – blackberry gastrique, roasted wild mushroom salad, butternut squash-Yukon Gold potato hash, green beans (Market Price)
- Grilled Steelhead Trout – mint-hazelnut pesto, heirloom tomato, shellfish béchamel, roasted cauliflower gratin, grilled asparagus ($26)
- Warm Apple-Pear-Blackberry Cobbler – with vanilla ice cream ($8.50)
Kingfisher Summer Road Trip 2021 Schedule
Southwest, June 1 – June 12
- Pacific Northwest, June 15 – June 26
- Great Plains Midwest, July 13 – July 24
- Back East, July 27- August 7
- California Hawaii, August 10 – August 21
- Down South, August 24 – September 4
Kingfisher’s dining areas and bar are open for limited seating by reservation only from 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. for lunch, 4 – 9 p.m. for dinner, and from Tuesday – Saturday.
Kingfisher is located at 2564 E. Grant Rd. For more information and to make reservations, call (520) 323-7739 or visit kingfishertucson.com.