Beautiful views accompanied with savory dishes
Events are becoming apparent once again in Tucson, and a lot of them are selling out faster than expected — a sense of excitement is brewing in the culinary community.
After an incredibly quick sellout of its first event, HUB Restaurant & Creamery is hosting the second installment of its Rooftop Dinner Summer Series at 6 p.m. on Thursday, July 15.
If you’re trying to decide whereabout you’d enjoy a dinner on the roof of HUB, don’t think too hard about it because it’s right next door on the rooftop patio of Playground Bar & Lounge. Once you’ve arrived two floors up, a delicious meal with paired cocktails called the Agave Four-Course Pairing Experience will be waiting for you.
The dinner features feature agave spirit drinks paired with a menu that makes use of traditionally Southwest ingredients in a reimagined way. Some of the local ingredients include tortillas from Anita Street Market, locally grown guajillo chiles, and goat cheese from a farm in Buckeye, Arizona.
Seats are $85 per person and you’ll want to reserve your spot sooner than later by calling (520) 207-8201.
Rooftop Dinner Summer Series: Agave Four-Course Pairing Experience Menu
- Shrimp and Sea bass Pineapple Ceviche – with pomegranate pico and local tortilla chips
- Paired with the Beautiful Horizons – Don Julio Blanco, fresh-pressed orange juice, and pomegranate
- Savory Bacon and Pear Fritters – with caramelized orange-achiote goat cheese dip
- Paired with the Mezcal Vago – with spicy corn cordial and citrus
- Chili Duck Confit – with guajillo chili sauce, pickled granny smith apples and onions, lime crema, and queso fresco polenta cakes
- Paired with the Herradura Reposado – with piloncillo, bitters, and creosote
- Sorbet Margarita – with mango and lime sorbets, tajin watermelon “ice cubes”, tequila, and triple sec simple syrup
- Paired with the Mezcal Union Watermelon Cordial
Playground Bar & Lounge’s Rooftop Patio is located at 278 E. Congress St. For more information, visit HUB Restaurant & Creamery on Facebook or call (520) 207-8201.