Tiger & Keg (Flickr/Rob Shenk)
Remember when childhood visits to the zoo brightened your world? Perhaps you’ve re-experienced the joy by bringing your own child to the zoo to marvel and delight at seeing the animals up close.
Well, don your favorite brewery shirt, pretzel necklace, and spare liver this Saturday night for Craft Tucson and Reid Park’s Third Annual Brew at the Zoo. I can’t think of anything more fun than experiencing the zoo animals at night in summertime with great live music, fab pub grub, superb coffee, tricycle races, camel rides, and awesome local craft beers.
Craft Tucson, for those not in the know, is a local organization comprised of local craft beer professionals, brewers, and bar owners, in the process of acquiring not for profit status. The group supports the local craft beer community and provides craft beer education. Craft Tucson organizes the annual Art on Tap and Brew at the Zoo beer fests benefitting the Tucson Museum of Art and Reid Park Zoo.
The event starts at 6pm and features an impressive list of Arizona breweries bringing all kinds of specialties to share with Brew at the Zoo attendees.
Also, remember that new brewery we spoke to in April, 1912 Brewing? You’ll have an opportunity to try their amber ale before before anyone else.
So, grab your spot and help raise funds for a new and updated animal hospital as we begin to enjoy an influx in new animals and new habitats very soon. This is one of Tucson’s coolest beer fests with every dime going to the nonprofit that needs it.
Featured Brew at The Zoo breweries:
- 1055 Brewing Co: Leap Pale Ale, XOXO Coffee Stout, IPA, Betts’ Brown Ale
- 1912 Brewing Co: 1912 Amber Ale
- Arizona Wilderness: Refuge Ipa, Santa Teresa Enkel
- Barrio Brewing: Barrio Blonde, Barrio Rojo, Rae’s IPA, Copperhead Pale Ale
- Beast Brewing: Merrows Ale (Seasonal), Beast Ale
- Dragoon: Dragoon IPA, Ojo Blanco
- Huss: Scottsdale Blonde, Magic in the Ivy, That’ll Do IPA, The Husstler
- Mother Road: White Walls White IPA, and Gold Road Kolsch Style Ale
- Mudshark: Desert Magic IPA, FullMoon, Havablue, Wild Watermelon
- Oak Creek Brewery: King Crimson Double Red Ale & Snakecharmer IPA
- Phoenix Ale: Camelback IPA , Biltmore Blonde and Watermelon Wheat
- Prescott Brewery: Ponderosa IPA, Liquid Amber and Achocolypse
- Pueblo Vida: Bavarian Hefeweizen, Northwest IPA
- SanTan: Mr. Pineapple (pineapple wheat), SunSpot Gold (golden ale), Devil’s Ale (west coast pale ale), HopShock IPA, Mad Czar Russian Imperial Stout
- Sentinel Peak Brewing Company: 1811 Desert Blonde, Monsoon Dunkel, Summer Scorcher Lemon/Pepper Citrus Ale
- Sleepy Dog Brewery: Red Rover, Wet Snout and Tall Chaser IPA
- The Perch Brewery: Belgian Rose Hip (a floral Belgian blonde), Peacoat Porter (coffee brown porter)
Tickets are $50 day of ($40 in advance), $45 for members ($35 in advance), and $30 ($20 in advance) for designated drivers.
For more information, visit the Brew at The Zoo event page at reidparkzoo.org.