They offer gluten-free bread! Occupying the space of an old train station, it makes perfect sense that Maynards has hopped on the gluten-free train (we couldn’t resist). Hot and cold gourmet sandwiches and salads make up a carefully crafted menu.
Despite a brief distraction by Maynards’ cocktail-inspired coffee bar, boutique wine shop, and locally-driven snack selection, we were ready to order. Surprisingly, the options outweighed our appetites. For a gluten-free and dairy-free lunch date, we’ve listed ten impressive items:
Sandwiches we ordered:
How it comes: Roasted pork, applewood ham, jalapeño, caramelized onion, dill pickle, mayo, chimichurri, dijonnaise.
Gluten FREEstyle version: Request gluten-free bread and hold the cheese
Duck Confit Panini
How it comes: Pulled duck, arugula, fig spread, pickled fennel, herb mayo.
Gluten FREEstyle version: Request gluten-free bread
Peanut Butter & Jelly
How it comes: Chunky peanut butter, house-made jam.
Gluten FREEstyle Version: Request gluten-free bread, add bacon ($1), add sliced green apple ($1)
Sandwiches for next time:
- Sausage & Peppers – request gluten-free bread and hold the gruyère
- House-made Italian sausage, sautéed peppers and onions, dijonnaise.
- BLT – request gluten-free bread
- Applewood bacon, lettuce, tomato, bacon and chive mayo, cracked pepper, avocado.
- Pork Pastrami Reuben – request gluten-free bread and hold the gruyère
- House-made pork pastrami, dijonnaise, thousand island dressing, sauerkraut.
- Tuna Salad – request gluten-free bread
- Albacore tuna salad, bibb lettuce, radish, hard cooked egg, herbs, baby pickles, mayo.
- Turkey – request gluten-free bread
- Sliced turkey, roasted almond and mustard vinaigrette, poblano mayo, avocado, bibb lettuce, tomato, red onion.
- Banh Mi – request gluten-free bread, add seared ahi tuna ($5)
- Marinated vegetables, lettuce, mint, cilantro, basil, roasted green onion, sambal mayo, cucumbers.
- Hummus & Vegetable – request gluten-free bread
- Choice of traditional or red bell pepper hummus, roasted poblano pepper, cucumber, arugula, avocado, shredded carrot and quinoa salad.
[pro_ad_display_adzone id=”10118″ info_text=”ADVERTISEMENT” info_text_position=”above” font_color=”#757575″ font_size=”10″ padding=”13″]
Lacey and Suede say:
We’ve declared Maynards Market our new favorite ‘casual dining’ spot! The space and menu is also appropriate for a client meeting or study sesh.
A side of house chips and a gluten-free lager were a perfect compliment to our sandwich fix. For those not sensitive to cross-contamination, gluten and dairy-free items are abundant. With still so much to look forward to, the hardest part of this FREEstyle was making a decision.
For more information, visit maynardstucson.com.