Here’s what’s shaking this week at the Carriage House:
City of Gastronomy – Parma, Italy Pop-up Cooking Class & Dinner
5:30 p.m. Friday, June 24 • $80 per person
Starting off the Cities of Gastronomy Around the Globe series, this event will feature a cooking class and pop-up dinner with the signature ingredients of Parma, Italy, a fellow City of Gastronomy most well-known for its prosciutto. Chef Janos Wilder and Chef Jerry Alday will teach the course, which includes a demonstration, recipes, hors d’oeuvres, and a-five course dinner with beverages.
Cooking Class Demonstrations:
- Shaved Asparagus Salad
- Lasagne Bolognese
- Porchetta with Creamy Polenta
- Shaved Asparagus Salad with grilled radicchio, squash ribbons, tomatoes + arugula salad, Parmigiano-Reggiano, pancetta, Meyer lemon vinaigrette, preserved lemon
- Meat and Fish Salumi Sampler: salami finocchiona, Prosciutto di Parma + octopus terrine, olives, capers + herbs, blood orange oil, 18-year balsamico, herb aioli
- Lasagne Bolognese: rich ragu of pork, pancetta + veal, tomato, onions + garlic layered with pasta, house-made ricotta + Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Porchetta + Creamy Polenta: pork tenderloin wrapped in pork belly, rosemary jus, snap peas, fennel citrus salad
- Torta Barozzi + Cherry Amaretti Gelato
Visit the event page to reserve your spot.
Coming up soon at the Carriage House:
- 6 p.m. Wednesday, July 13 – Master baker Don Guerra from Barrio Bread will teach you how to make top-notch focaccia. This versatile bread will become a staple for your table and sandwiches. The 2-hour course includes recipes and dinner. $120 per person.
- 11 a.m. Saturday, July 23 – Pastry chef Marianne Banes from Kingfisher will help you explore the world of pies and tarts with recipes for items such as sweet tart pastry, flaky pastry, apricot frangipane tart, coconut buttermilk pie, perfect lemon tart, nectarine blueberry pie, and sour cream apple pie. The 2-hour course includes recipes and dinner. $120 per person.
Don’t forget: Sign up for any 5 classes and the 6th is “on the house!”
For more information, visit carriagehousetucson.com.