Restaurant options are blooming around Wildflower American Cuisine in the Casas Adobes Plaza.
Sisters Teresa Cheung and Mary Grzegorski will open brunch restaurant Teaspoon on Saturday, April 15 at 7053 N. Oracle Rd.
The plaza will also house BIRD Modern Provisions & Bar just a few feet away in the former Frogs Organic Bakery at 7109 N. Oracle Rd., tentatively scheduled to open in June.
Teaspoon’s roughly 4,000-square-foot space previously housed Jeff Azersky and Jim Murphy restaurant Bluefin Seafood Bistro just over a year ago. The stairs that led to Bluefin’s second level are gone, as the second level is not included in the current restaurant space that seats 100.
Warm, low-hanging lights and soft acoustic music provide an intimate coffee shop feel. A lounge by the entrance provides a space for casual coffee and pastry visits, while the interior features darker wood tables and booths covered with tweed and leather.
The covered patio features an outdoor high top bar with one of the plaza’s large fountains nearby.
Menu options include a variety of savory and sweet options. Eggs Benedict is available with ham, steak, crab, or portobello mushroom. The Skillet section features omelets and other savory options such as the Lobster & Crab with leek and jack cheese.
Teaspoon Menu Highlights
- Egg Parfait ($7) – potato puree, poached egg, green onions, bacon, crostini
- Bubble Waffle ($8) – Hong Kong street waffle, strawberries, clotted cream
- Challah Vanilla Bean French Toast ($8) – crème anglaise
- Hazelnut Chocolate Crepe ($9) – sweet plantains, strawberries
- Steak Eggs Benedict ($13) – filet mignon, poached eggs, English muffin, hollandaise, arugula salad, breakfast potatoes
- Kale Pesto Quinoa Bowl ($8) – soft-boiled egg, pine nuts, avocado
Operating hours will be 6:30 a.m. – 3 p.m. daily with private dining available after hours.
To help prepare for their grand opening, Teaspoon is hosting a ‘pre-opening.’ Call (520) 989-3189 to make a reservation for up to four guests from 8 a.m. – 3 p.m. on April 12 – 14. Guests will have the cost of their meals reimbursed as a gift card for use on a future visit.
Teaspoon is located at 7053 N. Oracle Rd. and can be reached at (520) 989-3189. Keep up with Teaspoon on Facebook.