Villa Peru Modern Peruvian Cuisine is scheduled to open at 5 p.m., Friday, August 11 at 1745 E. River Rd #165 in Joesler Village. The space previously housed Contigo Latin Kitchen’s original location.
“It’s a family-owned business,” Villa Peru co-owner Frida Hunt said in a prior interview. “My mom and dad will be the chefs, while my sister and I will manage the front-of-house.”
Villa Peru originally opened in Tempe in 2011, but announced the relocation to Tucson earlier this year. Since Hunt and her sister live in Tucson and many of Villa Peru’s regulars make the drive from Tucson, the relocation made the most sense, Hunt said.
“We want to share our food and culture with all kinds of people,” Hunt said.
The menu features an assortment of Peruvian classics such as ceviche, lomo saltado, and anticuchos with items new to Tucson such as Ceviche Carretillero and Arroz Chaufa.
Pisco dominates the menu in ten different cocktails. To view the full beverage menu, visit villaperutucson.com.
Villa Peru Modern Peruvian Cuisine Menu Highlights
- Ceviche Mixto Afrodiciaco ($17.99) – seasonal fish, octopus, shrimp, calamari, mussels, clams, aji rocoto pepper, red onions, choclo, sweet potato, classic leche de tigre
- Tiradito ($15.99) – sashimi Peruvian style, seasonal fish, aji amarillo pepper, leche de tigre, lime marinade
- Butifarra ($7.99) – Cured homemade ham, peruvian dry rub, crispy lettuce, salsa criolla, aji amarillo aioli, toasted ciabatta bread
- Chupe de Camarones ($16.49) – creamy shrimp chowder, Peruvian corn, potatoes, eggs, rice
- Rotisserie Chicken ($29.49) – Peruvian roasted farm chicken, rustic fries, seasonal salad, aji cream
- Picarones ($7.99) – Traditional warm pumpkin and sweet potato fritters, spiced chancaca syrup
Operating hours will be 11 a.m. – 9 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 11 a.m. through 10 p.m. Friday and Saturday.
For more information, call (520) 900-7310 or visit villaperutucson.com.