(Photo courtesy of BIRD Modern Provisions & Bar)
Here’s a dinner for those that learn faster with their appetite.
BIRD Modern Provisions & Bar is hosting a series of dinners with Spadefoot Nursery beginning with an Agave Dinner on Monday, June 25 from 7 – 10:30 p.m.
The inaugural dinner kicks off a partnership that aims to bring more of the desert to the dining room by creating applications of common and obscure desert plants.
Chef Daniel Thomas and Matt Martinez crafted a five-course meal focusing on Agave spirits and food pairings that promote native and regional ingredients and techniques.
Aside from dinner, Spadefoot Nursery is hosting a pop-up plant sale including plants you’ve finished eating or are about to munch on during dinner.
Seats are $75 each, is limited to just 30 people, and can be reserved by calling (520) 441-9509.
Agave Dinner Menu
- Nopal Fritter – with corn and cilantro pepper jelly
- Nopal Shrub – with sal de colima
- Arugala – with smoked goat cheese, saguaro fruit vin, and spiced pine nuts
- Arette Blanco Tequila – with cilantro prickly pear gastrique, Indio, and lime zest
- Cabrilla – with fennel bulb, carrot, red onion, cilantro, citrus, and olive oil
- Bacanora – with Sauvignon Blanc, Tucson mountain honey, fennel seed, grapefruit oils, and citrus blossom
- Fried Chicken – mole manchamantel, mashed plantain, and watermelon rind escabeche
- Nuestra Soledad Mezcal & Fortaleza Blanco Tequila – with burnt tortilla orgeat and lemon oils
- Tamal Dulce – with prickly pear and cajeta
- Sotol – with Hermosa Coffee Roasters coffee, Lico 43, and cajeta espuma
BIRD Modern Provisions & Bar is located at 7109 N. Oracle Rd. For more information and to make reservations, call (520) 441-9509.