"This Summer, Si and Be Seen."
Like the sound of an egg frying on the scorching asphalt in Tucson, there’s plenty of sizzlin’ going on with this local restaurant group.
Si Charro, who’s responsible for bringing the likes of all the El Charro Café locations, Charro Steak & Del Rey, Barrio Charro, and Charrovida to Tucson, announced a plethora of specials to help everyone ease their way through the long, hot summer.
There’s plenty to choose from, too, like limited menus, special cocktails, gift cards galore, and even grill kits so that you can recreate the epic meals at home.
El Charro Café
311 N. Court Ave. • 7725 N. Oracle Rd. • 6910 E. Sunrise Dr.
This summer marks the 99th year of El Charro Café — quite the achievement. Chef Carlotta Flores continues to lead the El Charro culinary team in the spirit of her Tia Monica Flin, the founder of El Charro. From now until Sunday, August 15, all three locations will be serving up specials in addition to the regular menu. Some of what you’ll find on the menu include Charros Y Camarones and a collection of “Margs & Ritas.”
Charros Y Camarones
- Shrimp Poblano Enchilada Elegante – Grilled shrimp, peppers and bacon in twice rolled corn tortillas and baked in our Poblano Crema with queso oaxaca, avocado salsa, and marinated pink onion
- Grilled Shrimp Fajita Lettuce Cups (2) – Grilled shrimp and peppers mixta with lettuce leaves, queso cotija, chipotle crema, avocado salsa, and margarita lime vinaigrette
- Mojo de Ajo Shrimp Tamale – Grilled garlic chimichurri shrimp over our delicious handmade corn tamal with tomatillo sauce, and queso oaxaca
99th Charro Summer “Margs & ‘Ritas”
- Modelo Splash – margarita made with organic tamarindo nectar, fresh citrus, rocks, and a refreshing splash of ice-cold Negra Modelo
- Mangopeño – mango margarita with mango nectar, muddled jalapeño, tamarindo dash, citrus, agave, and served with tajín dusted rim
- Charro Island – margarita with fresh coconut, pineapple, and lime nectar and a float of tropical pea flower tea with a toasted coconut rim
- Watermelon Fresca – watermelon nectar margarita featuring agave, fresh mint, and sea salt rim
Additionally, send in stories of your favorite El Charro memories at charro100.com to be used in a 100th Anniversary commemorative publication. 100 submissions will be selected with each winning a $100 Charro Card.
For more information, visit elcharrcafe.com.
Charro Steak & Del Rey
188 E. Broadway Blvd.
The popular grill kits have made a back, which was initially created during the pandemic to serve a mostly stay-at-home population. This summer’s “Teach ‘em to Grill… But only with Grass-Fed Beef” promo offers local ingredients, sustainably raised products, and housemade accompaniments.
To order, call (520) 495-1922 or email email@example.com.
“Teach ‘em to Grill” Menu Options
- The Cala – Charro Burger ($49.95) (Feeds up to six people)
- Six half-pound grass-fed beef patties, queso Manchego
- Pint of Charro sauce
- Six Barrio Charro Handmade local buns
- Chips and Salsa
- The Terna “Sampler” ($49.95) (Feeds up to six to eight people)
- 10 ounces of grass-fed carne asada
- 12-ounce New York Strip
- 14-ounce grass-fed boneless rib-eye
- Marinated half chicken,
- 12-ounce Duroc pork chop
- Charro beans (two pints)
- Local tortillas (two dozen)
- Chips and Salsa
Aside from these to-go specials, the in-house “Meat Me” daily Happy Hour special features half-priced burgers and Carne Asada Fries, as well as all aperitivos, house wines, well spirits, drafts, and bottled cervezas.
For more information, visit charrosteak.com.
7109 N. Oracle Rd.
Charro Vida’s “Summer of Vida ’21” menu, which is vegan and protein upon request, is bringing in a mix of salads, desserts, cool classic beverages, and half-off an eyecatching variety of mimosas offered by the glass, bottle, or flights.
Keep in mind, the regular menu will also be available with the summer specials.
“Summer of Vida ’21” Menu
- Summer of Ceviche – with marinated vegetables
- Optional marinated shrimp add-on
- Caesar Tostita Salad – plant-based caesar on avocado tostitas with charred cauli, vegan feta, pink onion, pepitas, cucumber, and radish
- Optional chimichurri grilled shrimp add-on
- Diablos Tacos – charred diablo cauliflower with vegan taco crema, greens, pico salsa, and pink onion
- Optional Diablo grilled shrimp add-on
- Chef’s Brul?e and Berries – plant-based recipe with vanilla, and fresh berries
Charro & Chill Menu
- Mojito Mist – sparkling bubbles rum and mint
- Cabana Cafecito – chilled coffee, coconut rum, and nectar
- The Del Charro – del bac whiskey, agave, prickly pear, and citrus
- La Playa Rosa – pink lemon, Titos vodka, prickly pear, citrus, mint, and agave
For reservations visit charrovida.com.
3699 N. Campbell Ave.
Si Charro’s newest member, Barrio Charro, continues to show off its innovative menu created by chef Carlotta Flores and James Beard Award-nominated Don Guerra of Barrio Bread.
Check out the new additions to their summer menu, you won’t be disappointed.
Summer Recipes Menu
- Wilshire’s Watermelon – fresh watermelon, spiced pepitas, queso fresco, pink onion, and sweet chile vinaigrette over balsamic kale
- Enchanted Elote – roasted street corn, queso cotija, avocado, iceberg, lime, cilantro, crema, tajín spiced pepitas, and pink onion
- Optional grilled chicken add-on
- Barrio Burritos – grilled calabacitas, peppers, and queso oaxaca, wrapped in a Barrio grains flour tortilla with salsa rojo, lettuce, cilantro, pink onion papa, egg
- Choice of veggie, vegan, pollo asado, carne asada, frijole and queso, charro birria, pork carnitas, chicken tinga
- Enchiladas el Cortez – layered enchilada recipes with calabacitas, red and green sauce, queso, crema, fresh greens, and frijoles
- Choice of veggie, vegan, pollo asado, carne asada, and pork carnitas
For more information, visit barriocharro.com.