Nopalitos Ceviche and Shrimp Cocktails and cheese plates, oh my
The Century Room at Hotel Congress has been spreading its melodies downtown for the past few months and is now rearin’ up for a fun spring and summer jam session. It’s been quite a blast so far, which includes top talents from Tucson and across the country — an eclectic mix of jazz genres, comedy shows, jazz harmonica experiences, and more.
However, now there’s a new kind of rhythm hitting the corner of Congress and Fifth Avenue — a small bites menu, to be exact.
Take a gander at the new menu unique-to-Century-Room small bites menu.
SMALL BITES MENU
- Nopalitos Ceviche ($8) – grilled nopalitos, pico de gallo, and corn tortilla cups (add Sea of Cortez shrimp for an additional $4)
- Century Cheese Plate ($20) – assorted cheese and accouterments, toasted Barrio Bread baguette
- Marinated Olive ($10) – poached shrimp, chipotle cocktail sauce, and lemon
- Sea of Cortez Shrimp Cocktail ($15) – poached shrimp, chipotle cocktail sauce, and lemon
- Candied and Smoked Nuts ($9) – assorted smoked, roasted, and candied nuts
You’ve got to wash all of that down with something, right?
Luckily, there is plenty to order from the cocktail menu and even a collection of non-alcoholic drinks to savor throughout the performances. The intimate jazz venue features a range of showtimes throughout the weekend, including a Friday night concert series, late-night gigs on Thursday and Saturday, and a Sunday night jam session.
You can check out the full performance schedule online, but in the meantime, start planning your cocktail setlist.
Signature Concert Cocktail Menu
- Tepache Mule – Hotel Congress Vodka, lime, tepache, ginger beer, pineapple
- Sonoran Sazerac – Whiskey Del Bac Dorado, Piloncillo, Angostura, Peychauds, Mezcal Banhez, Lemon, Orange, Tajin
- Spirit of the Southwest – Paranubes Rum Agricole, Uruapan Rum, Plantation Pineapple Rum, Ancho Reyes Poblano, Lemon, Mexican Coke
- Jazz Meridian – Tequila Arette, Kalani Coconut, Lime, Pineapple, Reagans Orange, Black Himalayan Sea Salt
Signature Cocktail Menu
- Smoke & Mirrors – Hotel Congress Vodka, Nuestra Soledad Sotol, Cocchi Rosa, Regan’s Orange Bitters, Lemon, Citrus Smoke
- Indigo Old Fashioned – Empress Gin, Maple Syrup, Regans Orange Bitters, Angostura Bitters, Orange, Mezcal Banhez, Ghost Leaf
- Promise of the Earth – Mezcal Banhez, Tequila Arette, Lime, Strega, Yellow Curry, Thai Chili Oil
- Noche De Los Muertos – Strawberry Washed Paranubes, Mezcal Banhez, Blood Orange, Meyer Lemon, Flying Leap Lavender, Peychaud’s, Marigold
- Bite The Bullet – Mezcal, Cocchi Torino Sweet Vermouth, Pierre Firand Dry Curacao, Allspice Dram, Mole, Vanilla Bean infused Del Bac Dorado
- Jazz Hands – Xila Licor de Agave, Ancho Reyes Chile Liqueur, Lime, Orgeat, Pineapple, Egg white, Bittermans Hellfire Bitters, Orchid
- Fernet y Coke – Fernet Vallet, Bourbon, Angostura Bitters, Mexican Coke, Vanilla Smoke
- Savage Soul – Braulio, Cocchi Torino Sweet Vermouth, Banhez Mezcal, Monkey Shoulder Scotch, Passion Fruit, Peychauds, Orange
- Curious Confection – Cacao Nib washed Banhez Mezcal, Ancho Reyes, Chocolate Liqueur, Horchata, Espresso Foam, Cinnamon
- The Cynic’s Dilemma – Desert Forager Prickly Pear & Peach Shrub, Apple Cider Vinegar, Vanilla, Topo Chico, Apple & Cinnamon
- Fun Bird – Carrot and Parsley Cordial, Lemon, Pineapple, Ginger Beer
- Participation Trophy – Beet, Local Honey, Lemon, Mango and Chili Tepache
The Century Club is located at 311 E. Congress St. For more information, visit hotelcongress.com or call (520) 622-8848.