Summer in Tucson brings with it a few age-old traditions: students escape to family vacations and internships, the snowbirds retreat back to cooler climates, traffic disappears, and there is always a seat open at your favorite (air-conditioned) restaurant.
By June, the city seemingly slows to a halt. However, the Southern Arizona Arts and Culture Alliance has initiated a new tradition in the form of an arts gala, bringing Tucson’s fashion, music and food scene together for one night. Suddenly, the summer seems cooler than ever.
SAACA is hosting the Splash! Summer Arts Gala on Saturday, June 27, at La Encantada.
Get an early, exclusive look at the menu and cocktail selections right here for Splash!, all provided by local restaurants and chefs. The variety of samplings will please the pickiest of palettes, with vegetarian, gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan options.
The $35 ticket gets you dinner, dessert and cocktail samplings from 22 local restaurants, as well as an event goodie bag. Festivities begin at 6pm.
All proceeds benefit the SAACA Creative Arts Therapy programs. Buy your tickets on SAACA’s website.
Blanco Tacos + Tequila
- Pastor Chicken – Chicken with achiote, roasted pineapple, grilled onion, chipotle sauce and cabbage slaw
Visit Blanco at foxrc.com.
Boca Tacos y Tequila
Visit Boca at bocatacos.com.
Borderlands Brewing Company
- Borderlands Seasonal Brews – Current brews offered at the Downtown location include Prickly Pear Wheat, Noche Dulce Vanilla Porter, Agua Bendita 2015, Hibiscus Saison, Citrana Wild Ale, La Morena and Horchata Cream Ale
Visit Borderlands at borderlandsbrewing.com.
- Tacos de Cochinita Pibil Pork Shoulder – Slow roasted in achiote chile along with some citrus juices and amber beer
Visit Catering Internacional on Facebook.
Ermanos Craft Beer & Wine Bar
- Variations of Beets, Sage Sand, Orange – Beets from Crooked Sky Farms, purple sage sand, and fresh oranges
Visit Ermanos at ermanosbrew.com.
Govinda’s Natural Foods
- Mango Halauah, Lentil Chips, Sesame Tomato Chutney
Visit Govinda’s at govindasoftucson.com.
- Mini Cannoli – Stuffed with a sweetened ricotta chocolate chip filling
- Pesto Pizza – Green basil pesto with mozzarella
- Traditional Cheese Pizza – With classic Grimaldi’s red sauce
Visit Grimaldi’s at grimaldispizzeria.com.
Kalina Russian Cuisine and Tea House
- Russian Walnut Cookie, Oreshek – Traditional Russian butter cookie with sweet condensed milk and a walnut inside
Visit Kalina at kalinarestaurant.com.
Mama’s Hawaiian Bar-B-Cue
- Haupia Pudding with Splash of Prickly Pear Reduction – Coconut pudding with native prickly pear fruit syrup (gluten & dairy free)
Visit Mama’s at mamashawaiianbbq.com.
Monsoons Tap & Grill
- Patty Perfect – Medley of vegetables on soft bread with cream cheese and ranch
Visit Monsoons at monsoonstapandgrill.com.
- Bruschetta – Tomato and house-made ricotta
- Tuscan Kale Salad – Crispy pancetta, charred grape, apple, pistachio, breadcrumb, parmesan vinaigrette
Visit North at northitaliarestaurant.com.
[POPPED] Artisan Popcorn
- Artisan Popcorn – Hand-blended unique flavors have included Herb, Sweet Chile Lime, Churro, and Sea Salt Caramel (vegan, gluten-free, nut-free, dairy-free)
Visit [POPPED] at poppedartisan.wordpress.com.
- Organic Hibiscus Lemonade Chiller – Organic hibiscus syrup made with organic sugar and Sicilian lemons
Visit Queen Ceviche on Facebook.
RA Sushi Bar
- RA Chips and Salsa – Spicy tuna tartare mixed with cucumber, avocado and fresh salsa; served with wonton chips
- Strawberry Lemonade
Visit RA at rasushi.com.
Reforma Cocina Y Cantina
- Pico – Mango, melon, seasonal berries, jicama, cilantro and salsa bufalo (Reforma’s take on a traditional buffalo sauce)
Visit Reforma at reformatucson.com.
Roger Clyne’s Mexican Moonshine Tequila
- Mexican Moonshine Mule – Premium tequila in ginger beer with a squeeze of lime
Visit Roger Clyne’s at rogerclyneandthepeacemakers.com.
- Southern Gumbo – Andouille sausage and organic fresh vegetables
- Jerk Chicken – created by Errol “Mac” McDonald, a Jamaican native, McDonald marinates the chicken for 2 full days in his secret family recipe
Visit Root 52 at gapmin.com.
Shlomo and Vito’s NY Delicatessen & Pizza Kitchen
- Italian Shrimp Pops – Skewered, sauteed shrimp with grilled cherry tomatoes, drizzled with Italian seasonings
Visit Shlomo and Vito’s at shlomoandvitos.com.
Sonya’s Brown Sugar Bakery
- Mesquite and Vanilla Bean Cake – Prickly pear cream cheese and lavender buttercream frosting
Visit Sonya’s at cakegourmet.com.
Tazzina di Gelato
- Variety of Gelato Flavors – Frequent flavors include Caramel Sea Salt, Death by Chocolate, Coconut Almond Joy, Mexican Coffee and Stracciatella
Visit Tazzina at tazzinadigelato.com.
Tea of a Kind
- Full bottles of Tea of a Kind – Popular flavors include Peach Ginger Black Tea, Pomegranate Acai White Tea, and Citrus Mint Green Tea
Visit Tea of a Kind, visit teaofakind.com.
For more information, visit saaca.org.