While tomatillo gazpacho may sound fancy, it’s actually easy to make. This soup is healthy, inexpensive, and above all, refreshing.
Tomatillo Gazpacho Recipe
- Cutting board
- 2-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar (white or red)
- 1 cup water, more if desired
- 1 pound tomatillos
- 1 pound tomatoes
- 1 sweet onion, medium size
- 1 jalapeño (more if you can handle it!)
- 2 garlic cloves
- Feta or goat cheese (optional)
- Cilantro (optional)
- Remove husks from tomatillos. Cut open and deseed jalapeño. Be sure to wash your hands thoroughly.
- Chop up tomatillos, tomatoes, onion, jalapeño, and garlic.
- Dump vinegar, tomatillos, tomatoes, onion, garlic and jalapeño into blender.
- Blend until nice and smooth.
- Add water to blender until soup is at desired consistency.
- Chill and serve with optional crumbled cheese and cilantro on top.
The price of this meal was approximately $3.79 for four large portions. With toppings of goat cheese and cilantro, the cost is $5.28