For the fifth year in a row, the Southern Arizona Arts and Culture Alliance is bringing Tucson’s favorite combination together for one night at the Southern Arizona Salsa and Tequila Challenge.
On Saturday, August 22, from 7 to 10pm, up to 50 chefs and restaurants will be preparing unique salsa recipes and innovative tequila-based drinks at La Encantada on Skyline Drive.
General admission tickets for the 21+ event include up to 50 salsa tastings with chips, over 25 tequila mixed drinks, beer samplings, food samplings, and dessert as well as live entertainment.
A panel of judges will select winners of the amateur and professional competitions while attendees place their own votes for the People’s Choice awards.
Last year’s winners include Armitage Wine Lounge for Judges Choice Best Overall Salsa, Mouth of the South Salsa Co. for Peoples Choice Salsa, Pasco Kitchen and Lounge for Judges Choice Best Overall Tequila, and Ritz-Carlton, Dove Mountain for Peoples Choice Tequila.
[pro_ad_display_adzone id=”10118″ info_text=”ADVERTISEMENT” info_text_position=”above” font_color=”#757575″ font_size=”10″ padding=”15″]
2015 Salsa & Tequila Challenge Participants
- Art Institute of Tucson-Culinary Arts Students
- Azul at Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa
- Boca Tacos y Tequila
- Calle Tepa Mexican Street Bar & Grill
- Caridad Community Kitchen Culinary Students
- Chilttepica Salsa
- Click Cafe Green Valley
- Consulate of Mexico in Tucson
- El Cisne Restaurant
- El Saguarito Mexican Food
- Fini’s Landing
- GAP Ministries
- Gringo Grill + Cantina
- HighWire Lounge
- Home Plate Marana
- Juice N Fruit Raspados
- JW Marriott Starr Pass
- La Tauna Tortillas/Mexico in Season
- Le Buzz Cafe
- Mouth of the South Salsa
- Pasco Kitchen & Lounge
- Picocito Locito
- Pima Community College-Culinary Arts Students
- [POPPED] Artisan Popcorn
- Prep & Pastry
- Reforma Cocina y Cantina
- Ritz-Carlton, Dove Mountain
- Splendido at Rancho Vistoso
- Stables Ranch Grille at Tubac Golf Resort & Spa
- Sonoran Sno-Cones
- Sonya’s Brown Sugar Bakery
- Tequila Factory at Casino Del Sol Resort
- Tohono Chul Garden Bistro
- Tucson Tamale Company
- The Cup Cafe at Hotel Congress
- The Lodge at Ventana Canyon Golf & Racquet Club
- Wholesum Harvest
If you really plan on going to town, the Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa will be providing a special rate for event attendees: $99 for Saturday night. Use promo code SALSA15 when you book online at westinlapaloma.com. La Paloma will also run a free shuttle to and from La Encantada for those staying at the hotel.
Tickets are $45 through August 1, $50 August 1 through August 21 and a limited number of tickets will be available for $60 the day of. Proceeds benefit the Food Bank of Southern Arizona and SAACA’s arts therapy and education programs.
For more information and to buy tickets, visit saaca.org.