This time of year, Southern Arizona can be a little flaky. The weather simply can’t decide if it wants to be cool or sizzling hot. All I dream about is something that can cool me down the second it hits my tongue, excite my taste buds, and provide health benefits. A win-win.
What is this magical elixir I’m talking about? It’s Chocolate Dipped Strawberry Superfood Coconut Pops. Yes, it’s a long name but they’re extremely simple to make and the perfect treat to help us all transition from spring to summer.
You only need six ingredients to whip up these super pops, and if you’re all about interaction, they’re fun to make. It’s the perfect opportunity to get hands on in the kitchen and mix it up with kids, family, or friends. Plus, they’re completely customizable for parties or any other group gatherings.
Add toppings like goji berries, pistachios, matcha powder, or super seeds to add an extra super-scrumptious-super-food boost. These pops are crunchy, coconut milky, and chocolate-draped perfection.
And there is no dairy involved! Just easy, fun, delicious, and nutritious.
Pop health benefits:
- Coconut Milk – Rich in fiber, lactose free, improves blood pressure
- Dark Chocolate – A healthy fat, high in antioxidants, heart healthy
- Strawberries – Immunity boosting, lowers bad cholesterol, reduces inflammation
Toppings health benefits:
- Almonds – High in good cholesterol and Vitamin E
- Chia Seeds – High in fiber, good quality protein (1 ounce = 4 grams of protein), and Omega-3 fatty acids
- Goji Berries – Low in calories, high in fiber, contains eight essential amino acids
- Matcha Powder – High in antioxidants, helps increase focus and concentration, reduces inflammation
- Pistachios – High in good cholesterol and potassium, contains calcium
[pro_ad_display_adzone id=”10139″ padding=”15″]
Chocolate Dipped Superfood Strawberry Coconut Pops
Makes 6 – 9 pops
Ingredients For Popsicles
- 2 heaping cups quartered strawberries
- 1 cup full-fat coconut cream
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar (adjust based on strawberry sweetness)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Popsicle molds and sticks
For Chocolate Sauce + Toppings
- 1 1/2 cups vegan chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Chia Seeds/Super Seeds
- Chopped Pistachios
- Chopped Almonds
- Goji Berries
- Matcha Powder
- Place all popsicle ingredients in a food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into molds and add sticks. Place in the freezer until solid, about 3 to 4 hours.
- Once the popsicles have set, start on your chocolate sauce. Add coconut oil to a small pot and allow to melt at medium-low heat.
- Stir in chocolate chips until melted. Mix well.
- Pour chocolate into a bowl and let cool for 5-10 minutes. Remove the popsicles from their molds and place on a tray lined with wax or parchment paper. Dip each popsicle in the chocolate half way, and sprinkle with healthy toppings of your choice.
- Carefully place the tray back into the freezer and freeze for an hour or until ready to serve.