Here’s what’s shaking this week at the Carriage House:
“Chef Chic” Wendy Gauthier & Alfonso Gourmet Olive Oils and Balsamics
11 a.m. Saturday, July 30 • $60 per person
“Chef Chic” Wendy Gauthier and Alfonso Gourmet Olive Oils and Balsamics will guide you through a sampling of newly arrived southern hemisphere oils and fantastic balsamic vinegars while teaching you how to use these ingredients to make every meal shine. Dishes include lemon olive oil poached shrimp over vegetable couscous in a Tuscan herb olive oil tuile, blood orange olive oil gelato with a lavender balsamic swirl, and skillet baked eggs with Baklouti green chile olive oil tomato in a hash brown nest.
Visit the event page or call 520-615-6100 to reserve your spot.
Coming up soon at the Carriage House:
- 6 p.m. Wednesday, August 17 ($120 per person) – Sharpen up your kitchen techniques with Culinary Bootcamp 101, a hands-on class with James Beard award-winning Chef Janos Wilder. He’ll guide you through a comprehensive course where you will learn:
- Basic knife skills
- How to make simple vinaigrettes and salads
- How to break down a chicken
- Skinning and cooking fish
- Making stocks and sauce
- How to make easy summer desserts
- 7 p.m. Saturday, August 20 ($40 or $60 per person) – Double Check Ranch beef is highlighted at the Local First Tucson Ranch-to-Table Dinner with Chef Janos Wilder. Wine pairings from Flying Leap Vineyards and dessert will complete the local meal.
Don’t forget: Sign up for any 5 classes and the 6th is “on the house!”
For more information, visit carriagehousetucson.com.