Kingfisher is concluding its culinary “road trip” featuring food from “Down South” alongside their regular menu through September 4.
Previous summer 2016 road trip destinations include the Midwest and Southwest, and East coast. Looking back over the years, previous destinations have covered much of the United States most well known, as well as obscure dining destinations.
Chef Jim Murphy prepared the special menu featuring dishes such as Creole Barbecue Shrimp and Grits, Grilled Texas Redfish, and Whole Roasted Pig. Pastry chef Marianne Banes’ comforting sweets make an appearance, while bartender Eric Smith presents his variations on southern cocktails.
The highlighted Louisiana beer, Abita Andygator, has a dry finish to pair nicely with the southern classics.
Kingfisher Road Trip Menu: Down South
- Bowl of Red Beans and Rice – Served with pickled pork ($9)
- Creole Barbecue Shrimp and Cheese Grits (4) – Sharp cheddar, garlic, Worcestershire, black pepper, Blackened Voodoo Lager, sweet butter ($14)
- Deep Fried Cornmeal Crusted Oysters (4) – Served with Tabasco honey aioli ($12)
- Spicy Grilled Shrimp Remoulade – ½ Beefsteak tomato, pickled red cabbage ($14)
- Crawfish Étouffée – Dark brown roux, Cajun trinity, Texmati rice ($24)
- Pulled South Florida-Style Whole Roast Pig – “Charcoal box” roasted, garlic mojo, red beans and rice, papaya-mango salsa ($19)
- Grilled Texas Redfish – Served with lemon-parsley butter, succotash, Texmati rice ($27)
- Smothered Chicken – Brick-roasted half-chicken, vegetable gravy, okra, tomatoes, Texmati rice ($18)
- Jack Daniels Pecan Pie – Served with whiskey caramel sauce, whipped cream ($8)
- Peach Upside-Down Cake – Served warm, a la mode ($8)
- Prescription Julep – Cognac, Rye, mint simple syrup, crushed ice, tall ($12)
- Charleston Caress – Brandy, Ruby Port, orange curacao, grenadine, egg whites, served up with fresh nutmeg ($10.50)
- The Black Flag – Mt. Gay Rum, Ramazzotti Amaro, Absinthe, lime juice, allspice syrup, on the rocks, candied ginger ($10.50)
- Abita “Andygator” Helles Doppelbock – Louisiana, 22oz. ($12)
For more information, visit kingfishertucson.com.