Chef Ryan Clark knows how to sear a mean rib eye steak, but he’s no slouch with the rest of the steer.
Starting at 6 p.m. on February 21, PY Steakhouse at Casino Del Sol Resort is hosting their second Dinner with Chefs. The dinners are a continuation of the series Clark had begun while at Agustín Kitchen.
Each month, Clark will collaborate with a local chef for a three-course wine dinner highlighting two different cuts of beef. No cuts of beef will be repeated for the entire year, so 24 different cuts will be used.
A different chef will be featured each month as well, so the techniques and styles will be excitingly diverse.
This month’s dinner features Carlos Guerrero, sous chef at the JW Marriott Tucson Starr Pass Resort & Spa.
Tickets are $65 per person. To make a reservation, call 855-765-7829.
February ‘Dinner with Chefs’ Carlos Guerrero Menu
- Chef’s interpretation of the rum mojito cocktail
- Flat Iron Salpicon Salad – pato confit, carrots, sprouts, radish, cabbage, cilantro vinaigrette
- Paired with 2014 Kiona Estate “Lemberger,” Red Mountain
- Presta Coffee-Rubbed Beef Tenderloin – beet puree, spicy consume, edamame
- Paired with 2014 Constentino “The Franc,” Lodi
- Chocolate Hazelnut Tartlet – gianduja financier, whipped espresso, malted-milk-meringue
- Paired with NV, Rare Wine Co. Historic Series, Charleston Serial Madeira
PY Steakhouse is located at the Casino Del Sol Resort at 5655 W. Valencia Rd. To make a reservation, call (520) 324-9350. For more information, visit casinodelsol.com.