Lodge on the Desert executive chef David Solorzano will highlight the teres major and zabuton steak at the eighth Dinner with Chefs at PY Steakhouse starting at 6 p.m. on Tuesday, August 22.
Each month of 2017, Casino Del Sol Resort and PY Steakhouse executive chef Ryan Clark will collaborate with a different local chef for a three-course wine dinner highlighting two different cuts of beef. No cuts of beef will be repeated for the entire year, so 24 different cuts will be used.
A different chef will be featured each month as well, so the techniques and styles will be excitingly diverse.
Solorzano is this month’s featured collaboration chef.
Tickets are $65 per person. To make a reservation, call 855-765-7829.
August ‘Dinner with Chefs’ David Solorzano Menu
- Salt-Roasted Teres Major – carrot sorbet, sweet + sour turnips, breakfast radish, honey mustard vinaigrette
- Paired with 2014 Emmolo Sauvignon Blanc, Napa Valley
- Sous Vide Zabuton Steak – quinoa pumpernickel soil, braised pistachio, cauliflower puree, beet, pickled cauliflower stem, demi-glace cream
- Paired with 2010 Opolo “Summit Creek” Merlot, Paso Robles
- Raspberry Cremeux – white chocolate, basil and ‘Minus 8? verjus sorbet
- Paired with 2000 Saviez Vineyards Muscat Canelli, California
PY Steakhouse is located at the Casino Del Sol Resort at 5655 W. Valencia Rd. To make a reservation, call (520) 324-9350. For more information, visit casinodelsol.com.