East Tucson’s Zona 78 will show off the classier potential in tailgating with their Tailgate Wine Dinner at 6:30 p.m. on Monday, October 16.
The Italian kitchen’s own Paul Leathers will fire up the grill and smoke for courses to pair with hand-picked wines.
Salmon, airline chicken breast, and short ribs aren’t typical for tailgating, but who’s complaining?
Four wine-paired courses, plus dessert, is $45 plus tax and gratuity.
To make a reservation, call (520) 296-7878. Seating is limited, so call soon.
Tailgate Wine Dinner Menu
- Microgreens, grilled stone fruit, smoked honey, toasted almonds, lemon balsamic dressing
- Paired with Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc (2015)
- Smoked cured salmon, crostini, cherry chutney, Camembert sauce
- Paired with Cherry Bomb Pinot Noir, Russian River Valley, Sonoma County (2014)
- Smoked airline chicken breast, mushroom wild rice pilaf, pomegranate lavender reduction
- Paired with Ernesto Catena Padrillos Malbec, Valle de Uco, Mendoza, Argentina (2016)
- Smoked short ribs, New Zealand sweet potato puree, wilted spinach
- Paired with Rosso di Montalcino DOC (2016)
- Peach cobbler à la mode
For more information, call (520) 296-7878, or visit zona78.com.