Riley Chandler and Don Guerra of Barrio Sandwiches (Credit: Jackie Tran)
Pop-up sandwich shop Barrio Sandwiches has expanded their hours to include lunch from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. Tuesday through Friday. Evening service is 90 minutes before each production of Arizona Theatre Company’s Man of La Mancha.
Additionally, bicycle delivery is available in the downtown area during lunch hours with a $25 delivery minimum and a $3 delivery fee.
The menu has a couple of minor changes — the Chef’s Board has more of a Spanish influence with its meats and cheeses. The Pesto sandwich is a completely new addition.
Barrio Sandwiches is a collaboration between Pop-Up Tucson chef Riley Chandler, Arizona Theatre Company, and world-class baker Don Guerra from Barrio Bread.
Barrio Sandwiches Menu
- Chef’s Board – Spanish chorizo, jamón, manchego, Cabrales, green olives, smoked almonds, artichoke hearts served with Barrio Bread focaccia ($15)
- SW Cubano – Manzanita Sol carnitas, Black Forest ham, house-made bread & butter pickles, lettuce, red onion, Swiss cheese, chipotle mayo, stone-ground mustard on Barrio Bread pan rustico ($13, half-sandwich $8)
- Italiano – salami, capicola, mortadella, prosciutto, provolone, sweet peppers, house-made vinaigrette, tomato, lettuce, red onion, stone-ground mustard, peppercorn aioli on Barrio Bread pan birote roll ($13, half-sandwich $8)
- Pesto – sliced chicken breast, basil pesto, cherry tomatoes, red leaf lettuce on Barrio Bread focaccia ($13, half-sandwich $8)
- Focaccia Veggie Special – fresh mozzarella, basil, heirloom tomato, roasted red pepper aioli on Barrio Bread Italian herb focaccia ($8)
- The Roman – romaine lettuce, Kalamata olives, Parmigiano-Reggiano, Barrio Bread focaccia croutons, pepperoncini, roasted garlic + anchovy vinaigrette or lemon + garlic citronette ($10)
- Barrio Brownie – fresh-baked gooey brownie made with Barrio Bread flour + chocolate ($4)
SW Cubano from Barrio Sandwiches (Credit: Jackie Tran)
Barrio Sandwiches is located at the Temple of Music and Art at 330 S. Scott Ave. To place an order, call (520) 884-0238. Keep up with Riley Chandler on Instagram. For more information, visit barriobread.com.