JAM Culinary Concepts, the organization behind Vero Amore, Noble Hops, and the Still, has reopened the space originally built to house Twisted Tandoor with a new Indian restaurant, Indian Twist.
The space at 4660 E. Camp Lowell Rd. previously housed the Twisted Tandoor, Relish Kitchen & Wine Bar, and CREATE Cafe. While the Twisted Tandoor ceased brick-and-mortar operations with JAM to return to its food truck roots, JAM is opening its newest Indian restaurant with the help of general manager Jimmy Aujla and chef Jesse Singh.
Both Aujla and Singh have extensive experience in the restaurant industry with Aujla volunteering as a child in a Sikh temple, as well as assisting his family in the opening and operation of four Indian restaurants across Washington state, Oregon, and California.
Indian Twist’s menu includes poultry, lamb, seafood, and vegetarian options. The full bar includes Indian beers on tap.
Take-out and buffet lunch will be available daily. Dinner will be served family style.
Guests can expect a rich, flavorful experience, anything but tame on the spice but by no means unbearable. A discerning use of heat and spice is evident – even on the lunch buffet items. Naan is cooked to order as opposed to being available on the actual buffet. It’s still included with the buffet price, but being cooked to order is a unique and welcome addition.
Indian Twist Menu Highlights
- Chili Pakora ($4.95) – jalapeño dipped in batter and deep fried
- Non-Veg Biryani ($16.95) – rice cooked with your choice of chicken or lamb
- Peshwari Naan ($4.95) – bread stuffed with nuts, cherries, shredded coconut
- Goobi Manchurian ($11.95) – cauliflower fritters cooked in a chef’s special sauce
- Okra Do-Pyaza ($10.95) – okra cooked with diced onions, tomatoes, and herbs; finished with a pinch of lemon
- Tandoori Chicken ($13.95)
- Lamb Kebab (minced lamb) ($15.95)
- Fish Masala ($14.95) – caraway seeds toasted in a garlic, tomato, and onion sauce
- Mango Chicken ($13.95) – chicken cooked in a mild mango sauce
- Butter Chicken ($13.95) – chicken in a specially-spiced tomato gravy
- Lamb Rogan Josh ($4.95) – lamb chunks cooked in a yogurt sauce with herbs and spices
- Ras Malai ($4.95) – cheese balls dipped in syrup and cooked in milk
- Kulfi ($4.95) – Indian style ice cream (mango/pistachio)
- Hot Masala Chai ($4) – hot tea with milk, fennel, cardamom, and ginger
Operating hours are 11 a.m. – 9 p.m. Sunday through Thursday, 11 a.m. – 10 p.m. Friday and Saturday.
Indian Twist is located at 4660 E. Camp Lowell Rd. For information, call (520) 495-5499 or visit indiantwistaz.com.
[Edit 01/17/2018: Aric and Joshua Mussman released the following statement:]
Just wanted to send a quick note to clarify a few things that we may have miscommunicated in our previous press release. Indian Twist is not a JAM culinary concepts restaurant. We’re helping the new operator with his marketing and giving him any advice and help that we can as fellow Tucson restaurateurs. He’s a great guy who has always dreamt of having his own restaurant and we want do anything we can to help make him successful and help make his dream come true. All future correspondence, questions and interests in Indian Twist should be addressed to Jimmy JimmyAujla@gmail.com.
Thanks, Aric and Joshua Mussman
Owner JAM Culinary Concepts